Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bones that do nothing with the model, keep or delete?
When it comes ripping models, obviously 1 thing we've all come to know is the existence of bones that technically do nothing with the model itself but are likely placed as something for the actual game engine to use. Obviously because we have essentially removed them from their intended location, the bones have no use outside of the game.

However, while I do not know if this is a concrete rule, do these types of bones have to be included? My assumption would be "No" because as previously stated, these bones literally do nothing with the model and if someone needs them for a mod of sorts, they can just make them in 3DS Max or Blender.

What's the site's stance on this?
Thanked by:
Those are completely optional, and are basically up to the submitter if they want to include them or not. Usually you'd want to keep at least the ones used for things like weapon and cosmetic attachments, but things like IK nubs aren't necessary.
Thanked by:
(12-02-2019, 04:12 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Those are completely optional, and are basically up to the submitter if they want to include them or not. Usually you'd want to keep at least the ones used for things like weapon and cosmetic attachments, but things like IK nubs aren't necessary.

Ah good! Yes I always keep in bones that are used for wielding an object, for example in the Mario Tennis Aces models I've always kept the bones that are clearly for wielding the rackets but it was the bones outside of the model that have no direct attachment to the model itself that I was concerned about.

Thanks for the help, I highly appreciate it.
Thanked by:
Funny enough, some bones I encounter are actually named "unused", so it's easy to know if those can be deleted.
Thanked by:
(12-02-2019, 11:03 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote: Funny enough, some bones I encounter are actually named "unused", so it's easy to know if those can be deleted.

Ha ha yeah, I've also come across those kinds.
Thanked by: