Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping games from Hyperscan
The Hyperscan is one of the worst consoles ever made. How do I rip sprites from the hyperscan?
[Image: Kaneko-Wikia.png]
Thanked by:
Extract the disc imageĀ and explore. The filesystem is plain old UDF, so you shouldn't have any trouble there. I've not exactly dug through the games, but I took a quick look at Spider-Man, which uses TGA for some graphics, which is easy enough to work with. Let us know if you're stuck on any specific files/formats.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
How do I extract the disc image and explore? What program do I use?
Thanked by:
Unless you're on Linux, I don't know what works. But if you find something to convert BIN/CUE to ISO if necessary, you should then be able to extract or mount the ISO with a variety of software.

I found an online tool for converting BIN/CUE to ISO at some point. It ran in the browser client-side, which was neat. But I've lost that, so I just use bchunk now. I bet 7ZIP can extract from the ISO.
Thanked by:
WinRAR opens .ISO files natively.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
Alright, I found some sprites! It seems to be Captain America from Marvel Heroes, but I need to find the palette now. This is 8bpp btw.
[Image: Hyperscan-sprites.png]
The program I used is TiledGGD.
Thanked by: Simpsons Dumper