Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Randy & Manilla (Help for developing)
You start by controlling the E-Mailer Ship, go to the Net-Cubes with the distinguished names and colors that are available (Terra-Qubit & Blacksquare Qubit-Battle) and so you can play the levels. the video settings of the pause menu This is where more crash problems brings if you press "Cancel", that's what I don't recommend using it. But thanks for playing it and that the game works for you anyway  Wink.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I went into those levels. Didn't finish them but I played through them a bit.
Thanked by:
Information 

Pre-Alpha demo of the indie game Randy & Manilla is also available on IndieDB: https://www.indiedb.com/games/randy-mani...alpha-demo

[Image: RM_w10_prev.png]
Thanked by:
Sad 
Something is going very wrong in the Randy & Manilla game since the launch of the Pre-Alpha, in itch.io (https://ofihombre.itch.io/randy-manilla) has been stalled by the supersaturation of games, in IndieDB/ModDB (https://www.indiedb.com/games/randy-mani...alpha-demo) nobody wants to download it, most game files don't exceed 3-5 downloads in the first 3 days (only they interested the mods of Mount & Blade: Warband & Hearts of Iron IV, which aren't bad games, but settle more to download this related mods).

And in Indiexpo (https://www.indiexpo.net/es/games/randy-manilla), was badly received (obviously a pre-alpha would have its bugs & crashes), and the worst is that if it don't get 15 downloads for next month, they would delete the game page.

Now I understand what is the main reason for the failure of the Kickstarter campaign on this project, I hastened, I launched it too early in terms of development and where it is still irrelevant. That's why I need help to develop the game, But what to invest so much effort if in the end nobody cares to see a simple game it try to become a great title over the years, I can't keep offering the same.
Thanked by: iyenal
3D Modelling 
Despite the enormous difficulty it's having to announce the Randy & Manilla project, the good thing is that for the first time I am beginning to have development support, starting with the design of 3D models of the characters.

a user called Skyrider (Designer of fan-made models from Wreck-It Ralph & Hotel Transilvania by hobbie) he made to me the request to design one of the most important characters for this project, the 3D Model of Manilla.

As you can see, Manilla is a Vanellope-Like chibi character, true that this game is thinking to have references to that kind of movies (apart from the classic games supposedly), something that isn't very frequent to see in videogames and that is why this project is still an "extreme rarity".

Also in Discord, to date we are already 4 members on the server: https://discord.gg/UyacSFF
Among them are: ThiBaa from France, Luth from Indonesia & Jake Gamelin from California.
International help is always welcome on the Internet when there are good intentions.

Little by little I'm getting what I'm finding for, That is why this project will take years to reach maturity.

[Image: ddj148i-e0d62af5-1ad8-46ab-9af0-e151660e...pRtXr_CSxc]

(Sketchfab profile of Skyrider: https://sketchfab.com/Skyriderr)
Thanked by:
Information 
Also, I have even designed its own website on Weebly where I can also put the updates: https://randyandmanilla.weebly.com/

[Image: ddj3m17-d235af7e-4b2a-43e6-9e7c-424d1101...yX4mrQKJBs]
Thanked by:
Information 
Randy & Manilla in Indiexpo (https://www.indiexpo.net/es/games/randy-manilla), have happened a couple of things: The good news is that finally the game page no longer has the risk to be removed, because it has already reached 15 downloads, the bad news is that still its pre-alpha version is still badly valued, I had tried to warn from the comments with a message like this: "Before they vote negatively, I inform you that this is just the Pre-Alpha version of the game (with his crashes), and I don't recommend that they play in earlier versions of Windows because of the error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll."

But they didn't really pay attention to it, or it just made the situation worse, And I think I'm reviewing some of the most criticized points:
First, the ship controls (a primary part to explore and enter the Net-Cubes), they didn't look like a ship, they were part of the camera, and I think I have changed it in the development of the project by a much more dynamic and faster, I would also have to check the crash of the video panel from the pause menu, and I could say the same about the control of the character and do some revisions of the details.

But I being the only programmer of the project, I don't think it will improve it more than I can, I have been looking in Unity Hub, scripts and very interesting concepts that could be very useful, but the bad thing is that they was could even break up the colliders and the gravity of rigidbodys.

Could someone check me out and say what the game needs?
Thanked by:
Sad 
A tragedy has passed, The big and disastrous failure of my Kickstarter campaign of Randy & Manilla it's starting to take a toll on me, I have lost support, Since Discord I have lost a composer named Jake Gamelin, and left me due to the important factor already mentioned. A project without funding, you can't get any support.  Sad
Thanked by:
(11-04-2019, 05:08 PM)ofihombre7 Wrote: A tragedy has passed, The big and disastrous failure of my Kickstarter campaign of Randy & Manilla it's starting to take a toll on me, I have lost support, Since Discord I have lost a composer named Jake Gamelin, and left me due to the important factor already mentioned. A project without funding, you can't get any support.  Sad

What a rollercoaster! I would advise you to not have to rely on other people which you can't ensure the commitment to the development to your game development, and more just to do the best you can "alone", support will come eventually after. I know it's difficult to work on a project you don't see people supporting you, but we all gone through that once and in that situation it is you and only you that can change the things, thanks to your initial work without support. That's my thoughts.
Thanked by:
Information 
The truth is that yes, it all starts with only one, but when making video games only me I'm not an expert in most fields (especially in engines with very complex programming methods), I'm not a good artist, I'm not a good programmer, I'm not a good designer, I'm not a good animator and I'm not a good composer, I can only do it from my own level, and the video game courses I was studying didn't teach me programming methods that were complex and essential for creating videogames (and even YouTube shows you what they don't say).
And that is the problem of working only on a large project, that nothing can go as expected or even if it took 10 years.
Thanked by:
(11-05-2019, 03:05 AM)ofihombre7 Wrote: The truth is that yes, it all starts with only one, but when making video games only me I'm not an expert in most fields (especially in engines with very complex programming methods), I'm not a good artist, I'm not a good programmer, I'm not a good designer, I'm not a good animator and I'm not a good composer, I can only do it from my own level, and the video game courses I was studying didn't teach me programming methods that were complex and essential for creating videogames (and even YouTube shows you what they don't say).
And that is the problem of working only on a large project, that nothing can go as expected or even if it took 10 years.

Don't work on a large project if you don't have the skills for. Maybe work on multiple small projects, then you'll be more ready to work on larger ones.
Thanked by:
Eyeroll 
That I don't work with large projects? I will never do that, also I did some small projects in the past (Alien Storm & Cubix by me, Andrux Adventure, Fall Mazeball & other), and I don't want to continue to settle for doing small projects, I plan to get all the possible skills to be a developer or also the necessary help with a big project, even if it takes me years to do it.
Thanked by:
(11-09-2019, 12:34 PM)ofihombre7 Wrote: That I don't work with large projects? I will never do that, also I did some small projects in the past (Alien Storm & Cubix by me, Andrux Adventure, Fall Mazeball & other), and I don't want to continue to settle for doing small projects, I plan to get all the possible skills to be a developer or also the necessary help with a big project, even if it takes me years to do it.

If you made a lot of small projects, you should then have all the skills to work on that one so then the issue is that you underestimate too much yourself I think.
Thanked by:
Information 
I underestimate why they didn't turn out as good as they expected. Cubix, Vloxelworld & Damiux Ferrer Dream I think they are the most decent thing I have apparently done. But anyway I will continue with this project with everything I have been able to do, and I can prove it with this test gameplay:

As you can see, I have been programming the controls for the Manilla character and some other settings, they would be good giving me advice on where to improve.
Thanked by: iyenal
Information 
Although his Kickstarter campaign it was a big fail, doesn't prevent the project from continuing with its development. After what happened, has been launched the alpha version to be accompanied by this project.

This version it has numerous updates:

- Is included the 3D models of Manilla & Venny Loopsuit made by Skyrider.

- Manilla is now a playable character.

- A new Net-Cube is added. Wonder Race, with 2 levels (a tutorial & runner).

- The Terra-Qubit main map it has been expanded.

- has been improved and added more textures, details & sounds.

- Include 3 original soundtracks made by Jake Gamelin.

- The pause menu crash in video panel has been solved (usually).

- Is now available for previous Windows versions (Windows 7 & 8).

- Include a 32-Bits version.

- E-Mailer Ship controls have been improved (it can feel like in space).

If you are interested in this project, I leave a download link with the Alpha version of the game: https://www.indiedb.com/games/randy-mani...alpha-demo

Sometimes because a campaign fails doesn't always mean giving up lightly, I did what I could only during the rest of the game's development.
Thanked by: Simpsons Dumper, iyenal