Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
hey guys where do we start?
looking to rip from GBA, PS2, XBOX360/PS3 

can you post me some good links

ty
Thanked by:
Well, links to what? There's a lot to cover. There are two things you need to decide - which games you want to rip stuff from and what you actually want to get out of said games. There's a lot of different formats you may find, some easier to deal with than others.

In terms of which console to start with, I'd say PS2 as you can just pop in a disc (or mount an ISO) and have a nosey inside. Sounds are generally very easy to rip - look into PSound if you're interested in that. Xbox 360 and PS3 are also okay once you get inside them, though I think less tools exist and developers started using odd file formats more for those systems.

GBA I've not looked into, but I think ripping audio from most games is easy enough to do, with sprites being slow as you basically have to take screenshots of each sprite in the game. You won't be able to find some PNGs in the ROM like you might with the other systems! For all systems, I'd say model ripping is the hardest. Or maybe I'm just intimidated by it. Tongue
Thanked by:
(06-08-2019, 10:34 AM)Simpsons Dumper Wrote: Well, links to what? There's a lot to cover. There are two things you need to decide - which games you want to rip stuff from and what you actually want to get out of said games. There's a lot of different formats you may find, some easier to deal with than others.

In terms of which console to start with, I'd say PS2 as you can just pop in a disc (or mount an ISO) and have a nosey inside. Sounds are generally very easy to rip - look into PSound if you're interested in that. Xbox 360 and PS3 are also okay once you get inside them, though I think less tools exist and developers started using odd file formats more for those systems.

GBA I've not looked into, but I think ripping audio from most games is easy enough to do, with sprites being slow as you basically have to take screenshots of each sprite in the game. You won't be able to find some PNGs in the ROM like you might with the other systems! For all systems, I'd say model ripping is the hardest. Or maybe I'm just intimidated by it.  Tongue

im interested in the maps and props... I dont see many or any at all of these in any titles im interested in like the actual setting of the map... hallways and stuff 

Im also interested in sound effects and bgm... psound thanks

umod seems pretty useful
Thanked by:
I quit thanks though
Thanked by:
You quit without starting? Come on. Of course, you do need some sort of motive.
Thanked by:
(06-08-2019, 03:02 PM)Simpsons Dumper Wrote: You quit without starting? Come on. Of course, you do need some sort of motive.

From what i experianced, you gotta take snap shots in game and rip textures for when you uvmap it

but when you snap shot them, they are all stacked and deflated

so you gotta get lucky and inflate them all do see which model you want ?

the textures are nice but i think i could just remake most of those things  faster xD
Thanked by:
Maybe. I don't bother with ripping models. The process varies with game and platform.
Thanked by: