Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project
Would the background/floor for all of the victory screens be under stages or somewhere else? Thanks.

Edit: Found it under resultstage
Thanked by:
I'm back with another release of my model importer script! The current version is 1.1.0. If your copy of it is outdated, get it at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb. From the changelog:
Code:
* Images are actually assigned to UV maps automatically if they have been found.
* An action is created by default to backup the rest pose; useful for going back to a clean state.
* Materials have fake users set so that they do not get removed if they are not used.
* Meshes have their origins set to their geometrical medians after they have been transformed.
To display these images on meshes, switch the viewport shading option to 'Textured', or open the 3D View properties panel on the right, and select the 'Textured Solid' option in the 'Shading' subpanel. With images assigned to UV maps automatically, this is one less step that we have to go through manually, and saves a considerable amount of time per model processed. However, the images have to be located in the same directory with the model files, and they must have the same name as that of the original texture files, excluding the extension.

I have also been busy trying to get the animation importer to work correctly, but I'm not entirely there. All of the UI aspects of this script are working correctly, but some of the backend code is not quite right, especially as it relates to transforming bones (it's made more complicated by the fact that Blender uses the Z-axis as its up axis, instead of the Y-axis). I'm sure that all the data from the original files is being read correctly, but I just can't pinpoint where my code goes wrong. Angry Setting each bone to each matrix isn't enough to solve this problem, so I believe it has something to do with the resulting transformations not inheriting their parent bones' transformations.
Code:
* NUANMB importer script is still work-in-progress - the following are known to work correctly:
   * Creating an action and setting its name.
   * Collecting how many frames to set and keying each one.
   * Visibility animations are the only kind of animation that are imported correctly. All other kinds are unsupported, or fail to import correctly.
UPDATE: Check below for a new post about the latest release, 1.2.0.
Thanked by:
I have big news for my scripts: the animation importer is now declared stable/ready-to-use, Wink and both scripts are now at version 1.2.0. Animations will no longer cause models imported with my script to badly deform, which means that Blender can be used as a cross-platform viewer for models and animation files, in addition to being able to edit them. Update your copy of the scripts if you haven't, at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb. Any models saved with older versions of the scripts will have to be re-imported for proper animation support. It's likely to be big change, as you no longer need to use Windows to play these animation files. It's still possible to perform custom animations on these models, but it is no longer necessary unless it is desired to create new animations.

Now that my work on these scripts is essentially complete (until the release of Blender 2.80), I can now shift my focus back to my projects that use these models, so I will be updating my models repository in the next several days. All my efforts spent on these two scripts have really paid off! I can now use the animation files as part of my projects, and so can anyone else who has Blender installed.
Whaaaaaaat!!!!? I’m so stoked to try this!!!!
Thanked by:
(04-03-2019, 06:40 AM)Worldblender Wrote: I have big news for my scripts: the animation importer is now declared stable/ready-to-use, Wink and both scripts are now at version 1.2.0. Animations will no longer cause models imported with my script to badly deform, which means that Blender can be used as a cross-platform viewer for models and animation files, in addition to being able to edit them. Update your copy of the scripts if you haven't, at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb. Any models saved with older versions of the scripts will have to be re-imported for proper animation support. It's likely to be big change, as you no longer need to use Windows to play these animation files. It's still possible to perform custom animations on these models, but it is no longer necessary unless it is desired to create new animations.

Now that my work on these scripts is essentially complete (until the release of Blender 2.80), I can now shift my focus back to my projects that use these models, so I will be updating my models repository in the next several days. All my efforts spent on these two scripts have really paid off! I can now use the animation files as part of my projects, and so can anyone else who has Blender installed.

You're a beast, thank you so much. I'll test this asap !

Hey WorldBlender !

I tested your addon on shizue (Isabelle) and it works perfectly. At first the Numdlb import threw me an error :
Code:
Bpy_extras has no attribute img_utils

I just changed the python file, replacing bpy_extras.image_utils by image_utils + from bpy_extras import image_utils and it worked, I dunno why I got that bug though... (I'm under 2.79)

The animations are well imported and I can switch between them in the action editor, awesome job !
Thanked by:
(04-03-2019, 06:40 AM)Worldblender Wrote: I have big news for my scripts: the animation importer is now declared stable/ready-to-use, Wink and both scripts are now at version 1.2.0. Animations will no longer cause models imported with my script to badly deform, which means that Blender can be used as a cross-platform viewer for models and animation files, in addition to being able to edit them. Update your copy of the scripts if you haven't, at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb. Any models saved with older versions of the scripts will have to be re-imported for proper animation support. It's likely to be big change, as you no longer need to use Windows to play these animation files. It's still possible to perform custom animations on these models, but it is no longer necessary unless it is desired to create new animations.

God tier script and saves alot of time.
Thanked by:
(04-04-2019, 07:05 AM)Jokero Wrote: You're a beast, thank you so much. I'll test this asap !

Hey WorldBlender !

I tested your addon on shizue (Isabelle) and it works perfectly. At first the Numdlb import threw me an error :
Code:

I just changed the python file, replacing bpy_extras.image_utils by image_utils + from bpy_extras import image_utils and it worked, I dunno why I got that bug though... (I'm under 2.79)

The animations are well imported and I can switch between them in the action editor, awesome job !

I just looked at this problem today, and that's because the Windows version of Blender 2.79 does include bpy_extras, but not the image_utils part (if using 'import bpy_extras'). I guess your solution will work (use 'from bpy_extras import image_utils') for those who are using Windows (this may change when Blender 2.80 is released). If you have basic knowledge of Git, feel free to send a pull/merge request to my repository so that everyone else can benefit from this change.

UPDATE: I just released version 1.2.1 to implement this workaround, so now everyone else should benefit from it. This fix is necessary only for those who are using Windows. The mesh cleanup script also changes image filepaths so that they are relative to saved Blender files.
Thanked by:
(04-04-2019, 10:42 AM)Worldblender Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 07:05 AM)Jokero Wrote: You're a beast, thank you so much. I'll test this asap !

Hey WorldBlender !

Code:

I just looked at this problem today, and that's because the Windows version of Blender 2.79 does include bpy_extras, but not the image_utils part (if using 'import bpy_extras'). I guess your solution will work (use 'from bpy_extras import image_utils') for those who are using Windows (this may change when Blender 2.80 is released). If you have basic knowledge of Git, feel free to send a pull/merge request to my repository so that everyone else can benefit from this change.

Was going to do that but just saw you updated it 3min ago lol. Thanks again for this amazing addon !
Thanked by:
(01-13-2019, 01:50 AM)Ploaj Wrote: For those wondering about the pale skin, it's because the color is set by a material parameter.
[Image: 3uJpoGf.png]
[Image: R3SrN0T.png]

(01-13-2019, 12:33 AM)Dragon2H Wrote: And after I clicked on continue, export the .numdlb model as, I wrote the name of the file I wanted Fighter.dae, they said: "The key was missing from the dictionary."... o_0

Which model were you trying to export?
What program is that, and how exactly did you do this? Ive been trying to fix this skin issue for ages.. lol
Thanked by:
Version 1.3.0 of my scripts is released. I ended up finding some more problems which have now been fixed, and described below:
Code:
* Stop overwriting object origins; this is needed so that everything will properly rotate around the X axis.
* Improved method of storing vertex color and UV values, theoretically allowing for more than five of color maps or UV maps to be read.
* Duplicate UV coordinates are made unique; this allows for things like some assist fighters' eyes to be properly textured.
* Add new UI option to allow importing black vertex colors; they are not imported by default as they can cause meshes to become too difficult to see.
I recommend updating your copy of the scripts at https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb. The above changes require some models to be re-imported, including, but not limited to:
Fighters:
  • Ice Climbers - both Popo and Nana
Bosses:
  • CrazyHand
  • Master Hand
Assist Fighters:
  • Alucard
  • Dillon
  • Issac
  • Krystal
Thanked by:
Hi, RTB! So I finally got a chance to look through the effect files in depth, starting with Mario!

A lot of the textures in the BNTX file are discoloured: like yellow, or green, etc. I'm assuming they're missing a channel which is auto-generated in the game? If so, can these be fixed to look proper?
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
A little birdie told me that I'd accidentally included the wrong Yoshi's Story in the Melee stage pack -- and I did, instead having a copy of the 64 version. Whoops! That's been fixed now, and also included as a separate download so you don't have to redownload the whole pack just for one stage.

(04-05-2019, 12:47 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: Hi, RTB! So I finally got a chance to look through the effect files in depth, starting with Mario!

A lot of the textures in the BNTX file are discoloured: like yellow, or green, etc. I'm assuming they're missing a channel which is auto-generated in the game? If so, can these be fixed to look proper?
Sounds to me like they might be "two-tone" textures, with one channel working as a greyscaled base and the other as an alpha channel (kinda like a bunch of UI elements from Smash 4). I'll have to look into it a bit later so I can give a better answer for that.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
Hey, RTB, what you say makes perfect sense to me. Some Splatoon 2 textures do the exact same thing too. I'll do the looking into it Smile This calls for a GIMP investigation!

EDIT: Yup, that's DEFINITELY the same kind of map as Splatoon 2. Solid color + light glow for fade effects = alpha map on green channel. red has the actual texture.

[Image: 76XghRX.png][Image: fZPkEI6.png]

EDIT 2: Yea! This will be easy to rebuild for SSBF! Put the alpha map in the actual place it belongs Smile
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
Hi,

It's been a long time so I don't know the news except the add-on of WorldBlender which I tried yesterday (or a day before that). The add-on works very well (and it's very cool, thank you WorldBlender) I can now maybe help, so here my questions:

- what kind of work do we have to do on a model (except assigning textures)? (Note: for this I'm maybe not so good because I'm working in internal render, not cycle. Is that ok or not?)

- is it normal that character don't have many segments (I've only tried on ZSS for now)?

- is the add-on you did, WorldBlender, can also import stages items etc?
Thanked by:
(04-16-2019, 11:48 PM)Dragon2H Wrote: Hi,

It's been a long time so I don't know the news except the add-on of WorldBlender which I tried yesterday (or a day before that). The add-on works very well (and it's very cool, thank you WorldBlender) I can now maybe help, so here my questions:

- what kind of work do we have to do on a model (except assigning textures)?  (Note: for this I'm maybe not so good because I'm working in internal render, not cycle. Is that ok or not?)

- is it normal that character don't have many segments (I've only tried on ZSS for now)?

- is the add-on you did, WorldBlender, can also import stages items etc?

For all those points, in order:
  • My scripts try to automate as much work as possible. All the basics should be covered, except for assigning advanced materials (normal maps, PRM maps, emmissive maps). A few models may reference objects that are part of the game engine, which in case requires manual assignment of images to UV maps. The scripts assume that Blender Render is the current engine, but this will change once I have to port the scripts to Blender 2.80.
  • Any model imported should appear with almost all their data intact. I configured to have every mesh use smooth shading to make them look a little better. However, models containing large amounts of vertices/faces (at least in the ten thousands) will take longer to import. This is in part due to a check I implemented for UV map coordinates, so that there are not any duplicate points.
  • I have not yet tried my scripts with stage items yet, but they most likely should work.
Thanked by: