Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Back again with a decent sprite.
The last time I showed off a sprite and submitted it, it wasn't really my best work. I've been striving to improve ever since, so I decided to do this. I made the Bowser Memory characters in the Super Mario Maker style. I tried to stay true to the limitations and original animations as possible, even going as far as to stay within the pallet limit. I hope my sprite gets accepted, and I hope you guys like my work. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
I don't think the hats on them need to be angled as they duck, I mean they are blocks after all.

Other than that one bit of advice I would give you is to stick with a project once you start it. I recall the wario sprites you made and I didn't think those were bad aesthetically, but they did need some work with the walk cycle.

You'll eventually have a gut feeling to know when something is really done once you've practiced working with art enough. But you have to be focused on pushing one project to it's limits, maybe even past that.

I do think these work however, but if anyone has other thoughts then I'd love to hear them as much as I am sure D-Star would.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Retro64
I agree with Dioshiba don't give up just because they are incomplete. Creative blocks happen and that's fine just don't give up! The Wario sprites looked good they just needed a walk cycle revam, they weren't bad.
Thanked by:
(10-21-2018, 10:26 PM)DioShiba Wrote: I don't think the hats on them need to be angled as they duck, I mean they are blocks after all.

Other than that one bit of advice I would give you is to stick with a project once you start it. I recall the wario sprites you made and I didn't think those were bad aesthetically, but they did need some work with the walk cycle.

You'll eventually have a gut feeling to know when something is really done once you've practiced working with art enough. But you have to be focused on pushing one project to it's limits, maybe even past that.

I do think these work however, but if anyone has other thoughts then I'd love to hear them as much as I am sure D-Star would.

Thank you for the encouragement. I really do appreciate it! Also I didn't angle the hats as they duck. The hat levels down along with the head. If it was angled like that, it would look like the third spriteĀ 
I have on this screenshot (Hoping that it actually shows. Still new to using this site. lol). As for the Wario sheet, I have no intention of continuing it. I jumped into doing a style I wasn't even familiar with, and I decided to move on to stuff that I can really get the hang of. I may think about doing a Mario Maker costume based off the small Wario sprites from my original attempt, but I won't continue the original sheet. I'm just not interested. I still appreciate the feedback.

(10-22-2018, 09:31 AM)Retro64 Wrote: I agree with Dioshiba don't give up just because they are incomplete. Creative blocks happen and that's fine just don't give up! The Wario sprites looked good they just needed a walk cycle revam, they weren't bad.

Thank you. But honestly, this sheet wasn't my best work. I've done my fair share of sprite work since 2013, and those Wario sprites were certainly not my best (albeit, not my absolute worse) . I may consider fixing up the small Wario sprites from the sheet for a Mario Maker costume, but I have no intentions on continuing the original sheet. I'm just not interested. I do appreciate the feedback though. Thank you for that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: Retro64, DioShiba
Good luck! Exited to see the outcome!
Thanked by: