Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MT Framework .tex files
Mega Man 11 recently came out, and while I was able to open the models in 3DS Max, the textures can't be used since they are in this unreadable format.

So, is there any tool to convert .tex files into .png? I have tried some but none of them seem to work.
Thanked by:
I also tried to use different programs to open textures, but not one of them did not work.
Thanked by:
Wait, how were you able to open the model files in 3ds max? I tried using the tools from XeNTaX and it didn't work.

The tools in question: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16420

EDIT: Never mind, I just had to check 64-bit Architecture on the top before importing.
[Image: 76561197999597301.png]
Thanked by:
(10-04-2018, 10:38 AM)The Prawn Wrote: Wait, how were you able to open the model files in 3ds max? I tried using the tools from XeNTaX and it didn't work.

The tools in question: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16420

EDIT: Never mind, I just had to check 64-bit Architecture on the top before importing.

Yea, it works and even very well. Also animations works in 60 fps.
[Image: 7847F7CE76584ECC942F023E5EA272E584C90D5D]
Thanked by:
My only remaining choice would be "Scarlet" by xdanieldzd, however I have no idea how to compile it into a Win32 executable.

https://github.com/xdanieldzd/Scarlet
Thanked by:
Got it mostly figured out now, all I need to do is write up a version to work with the Switch textures too, and it should be up in my QuickBMS thread in about a week.
Thanked by: Deep Weeb
Mega Man 11 (PC and Switch) - TEX to DDS Converter

Done! Just use QuickBMS with the script above on the game's .TEX files, and you'll get some working textures.
It's a chrimbus miracle!

[Image: wWlhNXk.png]

Thanks again, RandomTBush, my man!!
[Image: 76561197999597301.png]
Thanked by:
@Random Talking Bush, Wow, cool, I still understand how to use it. I have so far failed. I choose a bms file, take tex textures, choose where to extract, but nothing happens.
P.S.
Happened, im just use old Quik BMS, but this converted texture converted badly.
[Image: unknown.png?width=1051&height=657]

For me this bms script dont work correctly, even blockman textures are badly converted. I have PC version files.
Thanked by:
(10-15-2018, 01:39 PM)8Yaron8 Wrote: For me this bms script dont work correctly, even blockman textures are badly converted. I have PC version files.
The textures use the BC7 format, which not everything supports. Make sure you've updated both QuickBMS and Noesis to their latest versions, and then use Noesis to convert the DDS files into PNG.
Thanked by: LukeWarnut
(10-15-2018, 03:03 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 01:39 PM)8Yaron8 Wrote: For me this bms script dont work correctly, even blockman textures are badly converted. I have PC version files.
The textures use the BC7 format, which not everything supports. Make sure you've updated both QuickBMS and Noesis to their latest versions, and then use Noesis to convert the DDS files into PNG.

Maybe this happened because I extracted the archives of the game in such a way as indicated on this site - https://gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom...de.425059/ ?
In my version, I did not use Noesis.

It seems to figure out the texture need to open through this program. Thanks for clarifying!
Thanked by:
Very thanks to RTB for his BMS script.  Wink

But I have stumbled upon a trouble, Roll's UVs are wack  Ouch! (the outline you see here is generated by Blender's Freestyle)
[Image: jI69tKC.png]

Both her dress and her skin seem to be shaped after the bangs on her hair???
[Image: 0Rw1ZZO.jpg][Image: yx0Igq6.png]
Thanked by:
(10-16-2018, 11:15 AM)Deep Weeb Wrote: Very thanks to RTB for his BMS script.  Wink

But I have stumbled upon a trouble, Roll's UVs are wack  Ouch! (the outline you see here is generated by Blender's Freestyle)

You need to remove the alpha channel from those textures. Capcom must've left a placeholder there, wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like that.
Thanked by: Deep Weeb, eviltrainer
(10-16-2018, 11:28 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 11:15 AM)Deep Weeb Wrote: Very thanks to RTB for his BMS script.  Wink

You need to remove the alpha channel from those textures. Capcom must've left a placeholder there, wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like that.

Worked, thanks  B)
[Image: pLQl1ux.png]
Thanked by:
Here's another one:

[Image: mega_man_11___fuse_man__free_download__b...cqkzq0.jpg]
Thanked by: