Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thinking of starting my first Metroid game, what should it be?
As the title says I'm thinking of playing my first Metroid game.
Which one should I start with?
I currently own only the original and Super Metroid (From my NES & SNES classic) however I am open to trying some other ones as well.
Thanks!
Thanked by:
Super Metroid is in my top 10 favorite games. Should start there. The original Metroid is a classic but not all that enjoyable a game nowadays in my opinion.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Retro64, Kriven
SUPER
METROID
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by: Retro64, Kriven
Super Metroid. Fusion might be easier for a newcomer to just get into, but it won't give you an idea of what has inspired such devotion in Metroid fans.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Retro64
Super Metroid is a good place to start, though it's worth noting it's the last 2D game to have "floaty Samus" since the future 2D games all feature much tighter gravity. I'm not a huge fan of floaty Samus but Super Metroid as a whole is so good that it balances out.

Me personally, I started in the series with both Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime, which is also an excellent jumping-on point and depending on who you ask (i.e., me) is even better than Super Metroid.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: Retro64
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
I've decided to choose Super Metroid.
I'll get back with my experiences soon!
Thanked by:
It should be a historical AU. I have a liking for them.
Thanked by:
Yeah I think you made a wise choice on Super Metroid if you're just getting into it.

I would say go for Zero Mission, if you intend to play the original metroid in any shape or form. You could play the NES one but bear in mind you're gonna be writing down alot of the passwords or using savestates to get through the game
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-02-2018, 01:26 PM)Retro64 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
I've decided to choose Super Metroid.
I'll get back with my experiences soon!
Wow, just wow.
I've only just got to Brinstar but it has already made such an impression on me.
The immersion for this game is so way ahead of it's time, being a DKC fanatic makes immersion very important to me and Super Metroid does such an amazing job.
Thank you to everyone who pointed me to this game
Thanked by: Kriven, Zero Kirby, DioShiba