Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Crash Bandicoot N. Eurosis (fangame, co-programmer wanted wanted)
This is getting me nowhere! Is assistance really too much to ask? I'm not willing to cancel this project either!

Sigh...

Wish you knew how hard it was to assemble my previous fangame all by myself. I mean, all help I got was voice actors and testers. It took me five years to finish, delaying my other future plans.

You don't want this one to take that long, do you?
Thanked by:
So far Discord is proving to be better place to ask for co-programmers. But thanks to lemurboy12, there are more model rips from classic Crash games submitted to Models-Resource! Including N.Gin's head I needed. Maybe soon I get some model renders sent to this thread.

As for the fangame itself, here's the new progress update:

We've got new stuff done here: Crates, crystal, extra life, bouncing, Aku Aku...there are yet several stuff to work out as you might notice. The step sound changing by the ground and wumpa's attraction to hud's icon for instance. One of my new co-programmers is handling that atm. TNT-box's texture animation is in progress as well, which is why I didn't put it here.

I also thought of giving nitro box's explosion and locked box's shattering the unique sounds.

If anybody still wants to help with this template, or has better synopsis suggestion, please leave a comment or contact me via [email protected]
Thanked by:
I like the PSX shading style, and the animations are well integrated. Good!
Thanked by:
Something has been holding up my current co-programmer since last saturday. In case he's response delays longer, I'm in need for more co-programmers.

We use BGE of Blender 2.78c to make this game, so that's what we're recommending from you as well. Both logic bricks and python allowed.

If anybody is willing to help, reply this post or contact me via [email protected]?
Thanked by:
You have to be aware that there aren't many game developers on here, and those that are often have their own projects to work with. I don't want to discourage you but this may not be the best place to look for coding help.
Thanked by:
(08-29-2018, 01:51 PM)Silversea Wrote: You have to be aware that there aren't many game developers on here, and those that are often have their own projects to work with. I don't want to discourage you but this may not be the best place to look for coding help.

Thanks for warning. What about level designers/map builders, custom modellers or plot suggestions?
Thanked by:
A version of Cortex I made for the game:
[Image: d1a823a1044389366d7af7d6e78e03bd51e3031b.jpeg]

A hybrid of all three PS1 Cortexs, as you might notice. Big thanks to lemurboy12 for the model rips I modified it from! Wish he's ripping more.
Thanked by: iyenal
Thanked by:
I guess the game’s plot is getting a little makeover: When failing to capture Crash to one of his traps, Cortex falls down to (where?), where he discovers an artifact that he can use to his evil purposes.

Now what could this artifact be, how Cortex could exploit it to his world domination attempts, and what could crystals and gems do to prevent it from happening?
Thanked by:
Some plot modification again:
Uka Uka ordered Cortex and N.Gin to a temple where they're attempting to release a deadly, faceless threat from another dimension. Once they got a portal opened a little, Aku Aku quickly senses it, and asks Crash (and Coco) to gather crystals, with which they can close the portal and keep the threat off the normal dimension.
Thanked by:
Star 
Look who's armed
[Image: ed07e5cb0dd25efb84449b5e2d1aa96c28d209a7.jpeg]
Thanked by: iyenal, Kold-Virus
New progress update:

The new co-programmer I involved kinda revamped the engine. Now majority of it is written with python. Some of the physics and sound settings suffered a little, but hopefully we get them fixed.

We managed to add skating, climbing and bazooka, as well as proper camera controls and check point. We also got invincibility to work, but jesusmora hasn't made it temporary yet.

We're still seeking for plot suggestions for the game, so that we can come up with the title. If you have any, please reply.
The title and synopsis are finally decided! In case you're too lazy to check the first page, I'll tell them here:

Crash Bandicoot N-Eurosis
That ever-devious Dr Cortex up to no good once more! He's kidnapped Coco and is testing his new mind control prototype to force him build bigger one, that works on the whole planet! Thankfully, a hero of all bandicoots, Crash Bandicoot, arrives to free Coco, and no worries, even if the machine was complete, cause Crash and Coco wrecked down its power supply while escaping Cortex's castle.

The mad scientist himself won't give up though. He just thought that a certain value of purple power crystals might be enough to power up his planetary mind control contraption, and sends his minions all over the world to find those crystals. As soon as bandicoot siblings realize this, their only hope is findig the crystals, before the minions do so.

So begins the type of adventure we've all been waiting for! Crash is back, and this time for REAL!

Also, is anybody willing to rip a huntsman lab assistant model from Crash 2 level "Un-bearable"?
For once I succeed with model ripping myself:
[Image: unknown.png?width=943&height=590]
Thumbs Up 
Screenshots of the first savannah level:
[Image: acef9b779ad13d1353c3dd4952dd13d6c9017685.png]
[Image: 9978a927671c633118dbf97c3559e65801a1101b.png]
[Image: 5888b90b13f763a38abc442b24a2f90ae1158f97.png]
[Image: 779173b4f1d93a1162ecfed5c84e808afc310a14.png]
[Image: 7ff9563e5477c4d1b3da8103e6b380eba13c1ec2.png]
[Image: abc47f2ed935dea69ceed5d36f910b5a67398869.png]

There are still several tweaks to be done before we can release the first playable demo