Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PS2 yu yu hakusho forever commission
Hi I’m willing to pay 50$ for someone to rip a couple textures and models from this game for me I can’t seem to get them. If you can t-pose them to that would great.
Thanked by:
Models from PS2 games are very difficult to extract, because they all use their own rendering engine, and emulators don't have Z projection to rip from. And I already tried to extract from yu yu hakusho forever, the SKMD model format is totally unknown, but for textures it could be more easy. I succeed only to extract solid models from Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament, but they can be colored easily using a 3D editor, PM me if you want more informations.
Thanked by:
(12-24-2017, 04:49 AM)iyenal Wrote: Models from PS2 games are very difficult to extract, because they all use their own rendering engine, and emulators don't have Z projection to rip from. And I already tried to extract from yu yu hakusho forever, the SKMD model format is totally unknown, but for textures it could be more easy. I succeed only to extract solid models from Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament, but they can be colored easily using a 3D editor, PM me if you want more informations.

I managed to get the SKMD files out of the .DAT file and convert all the models in to .3ds files. They came out okay, but the hands are multiplied in different positions and I have no clue how to fix it. I haven't gone after the textures yet. I'm hoping to fix the models first. Any help or advice would be welcome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
I don't know how to fix the mesh problem, but it's a good progress.
Just make sure to fix the normals before implementing texture support. Also if it's possible share the script in public so anyone can benefit from and maybe update it.
Thanked by:
I managed to get the files by making an .iso from my copy of the game, but first here are the steps
1. Extract the files from the .iso (I used 7zip)

2. Go to this link http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm (their are many scrips for different games (Including Yu Yu Hakusho Forever) and a program called QuickBMS that will run the script)

3. Run QuickBMS and run the script on the DATA.DAT file. This will pull most of the game assets out

4. Go to this link http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Yu+Yu+...o+Forvever (their you will get another script will be ran with QuickBMS that will convert the .skmd file in the DATA/CHR/MODEL folder in to 3ds files. it will not have the UV's on the models
That puts you about where I am

I have also learned that Yu Yu Hakusho Forever runs on PSX2, if anyone has experience extracting files with ninjaripper. That might be easier.
Thanked by:
Thanks. But no, we can't rip from PS2 nor PSX emulators because they don't implement the Z-buffer, so all the depth can't be ripped (flat mesh issue).
Thanked by:
Could you send me this bms script?
Ps23dformat has the expired subscription.
Grateful for the attention.
Thanked by:
It's possible to ripper with the ninja ripper but the models had to go through a good concert because it comes deformed, the uv also have to be concerted because at the time of the ripper they get a little deformed.

Model fur script of ps23dformat (model edited in blender and uv made on top of the rippper model of the ninja ripper, because the uv is simple of the model did not give much work but I believe the others will give some more work to fix).

Model fur  through the ninja ripper.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
Tongue 
Wow, nice work. This project turned out to be to complex for me [Image: tongue.png], but I'm glad your able to figure it out
Thanked by:
I have tried getting the models for this game but most of my models been missing pieces, or have weird textures. Im not even sure if it's possible to get them at this point tbh.

Do you need the models from yu yu hakusho forever specifically or does any yu yu hakusho model works? Tbh im not sure what other yu yu hakusho games there are, but i could try and see if any other games are friendlier to rip.
Thanked by:
I got the models of the main 5 ( Yusuke, Kazuma , Kurama, Hiei and genkai ), let me know if you're still interested.

[Image: kHvnXdgUEf9R2FK6Fdyt15jTRmXAnboxSLqDpNEm...65-h465-no]
Thanked by:
(02-24-2018, 06:29 PM)Vanitaem Wrote: I got the models of the main 5 ( Yusuke, Kazuma , Kurama, Hiei and genkai ), let me know if you're still interested.

I'll Take them if you still have them
[Image: kHvnXdgUEf9R2FK6Fdyt15jTRmXAnboxSLqDpNEm...65-h465-no]
Thanked by: