Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping from Unreal Engine games.
3D Modelling 
I'm not the best at explaining things but here we go, I also like to use images.

Grab Umodel
Keep in mind that some parts of the game might not be compatible so check here and if the game isn't on that list, it may still work.

1. Exporting Models, And Textures

Open up Umodel
Find the games location and set it in the "Path to game files" text box, or click the button with 3 dots to find it another way.
Some games might require you to select the "Override Game Detection" option and find the Unreal Engine version it uses and selecting the specific game or engine version, or disable some of the "Common Classes" as somethings might not be supported for example: Contrast's Static Meshes aren't supported yet, so you'd have to uncheck "Static Mesh" or it will crash trying to load any files with them.
Now once you've done that click "Open" or double click it and you will see all the game files, usually with the extension .u, .upk, .umap or .xxx, click one of these to open it in the viewer
Now that you have it open you can view Models, Textures, and Materials press CTRL+X to export any of these, if you export a model it will export the textures it uses, but sometimes it won't get everything so double check. (Some of the stuff from Techno Strike didn't export the emission textures)
Once exported go to Tools > Open Export Folder what you exported will be in a folder named after the file you opened.
Once there grab Noesis to convert the PSK/PSKX(Rename the PSKX to PSK first) to DAE if your preferred program can't open PSK's, or the importer for it doesn't work properly(Blender's is quite buggy last time I used it). You will need to select "FlipUVs" when converting with Noesis. The textures will be in TGA format, and you will need to convert all the textures to PNG before submitting them to the site. I personally use XnConvert to mass convert images.

2. Sounds

Follow the first 2 steps from step 1, but this time uncheck all the "Common Classes" and check the Sound under "Export-Only Classes"
Then just select the .u, .upk, .umap, or .xxx
and click the "Export" button
And like before it will be in the export folder named after the file you exported it from, some games may use some proprietary audio format, which you would need to find a converter for those ones.

3. Encrypted files

Some games have their files encrypted, for this you would need to wait for umodel to support said encryption, or find someone who can help with a quickbms script, or by other means to decrypt them.

I have no clue about sprites or IOS ripping.

For Android games it's the same, however most of them use OBBs which aren't zips in disguise like Unity Engine OBBs are, and need to be structured in the folder in a specific way. Root Folder > Android > obb > then the obb should be placed into Game's Internal Name. Side Note: Injustice 2's OBBs are zips, so rename the file extension to .zip then unzip.
You'll have to find a way to dump your obb from your phone or emulator's cache or find a site that archives APKs with OBBs.

If i missed anything let me know, or want to add something just say so.

Misc Thing

Congrats! Now you (Hopefully) know how to rip from Unreal Engine games!
[Image: Uh1XLNu.gif]
Very nice tutorial.
[Image: 33426ca52b.png]
Thanked by: Hallow
Thanks so much!
Thanked by: Hallow
This is a really good tutorial. It's super helpful I'm just having one problem I'm trying to rip models from LET IT DIE and I did all the things it needs but when I try to view it or Export it shows an error. Is there any way to help you can contact me on here or on the VG discord please I need help and thank you.
Thanked by:
(05-07-2019, 01:03 PM)speroketgaming121 Wrote: This is a really good tutorial. It's super helpful I'm just having one problem I'm trying to rip models from LET IT DIE and I did all the things it needs but when I try to view it or Export it shows an error. Is there any way to help you can contact me on here or on the VG discord please I need help and thank you.

UPDATE: So for days and hours on trying to figure out the error with no help and barely any info or tutorial. I finally found whats wrong it's not supported so which means that any unreal engine you want to export models from is not supported even tho there's another game made by the same people. It will not work so I wasted my time trying figure it out and wait for someone to help me with it. So if there's anyone willing to prove me wrong please contact me on this comment/private message or on the VG Discord. Thank you and have a wonderful day/night.

To the of this I'm sorry for the negativity on your tutorial I'm just frustrated that I couldn't get it to work and politely asking for help on the situation. This is still amazing I will probably try other games for awhile and maybe go back to the error and see if I can fix it. But I say keep up the great work and keep moving forward have a wonderful day/night.
Thanked by:
This part "Now once you've done that click "Open" or double click it and you will see all the game files, usually with the extension .u, .upk, .umap or .xxx, click one of these to open it in the viewer" is not there i cannot find it, i just wanted to rip Dungeon Defenders 2 on steam
Thanked by:
You do know umodel is the not only unreal tool right? Devxunity and UE viwer works much better than, umodel.  Tho Devxunity supports unity models to .
Thanked by:
Is there anyway to rip models with position data? For example, if I wanted to rip a stadium from Rocket League, I can export all the models of the stadium at once since they're in a single package. However, the models will all be placed at coordinates (0, 0, 0) so I would have to move them all to the correct positions. Is there an easier way?
Thanked by:
I tried to estract some models with Umodel but the program crashes every time.
There are the issue report:
-------------
Serializing behind stopper (20FE+4 > 20FE)
FFileReader:Unsureerialize:File=MSH_Military_SockFolded.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- TArray:Unsureerialize:207/16842752 <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray:Unsureerialize:0/1 <- UStaticMesh4:Unsureerialize <- LoadObjectUnsuretaticMesh4'MSH_Military_SockFolded.MSH_Military_SockFolded', pos=20FE, ver=505/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.13 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:MSH_Military_SockFolded <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp:UnsurehowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1168
------------------------

Someone that knows these things can help me?
There are a alternative to umodel?
i now have a lot of "uasset/ubulk" that i can't open....
Thanked by:
Did you use the "Override game detection" option? My Umodel crashes when I don't use that option.

(02-05-2020, 06:51 PM)Smakkohooves Wrote: I tried to estract some models with Umodel but the program crashes every time.
There are the issue report:
-------------
Serializing behind stopper (20FE+4 > 20FE)
FFileReader:Unsureerialize:File=MSH_Military_SockFolded.uasset <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- TArray:Unsureerialize:207/16842752 <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray:Unsureerialize:0/1 <- UStaticMesh4:Unsureerialize <- LoadObjectUnsuretaticMesh4'MSH_Military_SockFolded.MSH_Military_SockFolded', pos=20FE, ver=505/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.13 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:MSH_Military_SockFolded <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp:UnsurehowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1168
------------------------

Someone that knows these things can help me?
There are a alternative to umodel?
i now have a lot of "uasset/ubulk" that i can't open....
Thanked by:
Question 
Hey could any of you guys like rip the Halo models from Gears 5? If its possible of course. Everyone likes the characters including me.
Thanked by:
How do you export the maps? (.map)
Every time I try to export them, it just doesn't.
Thanked by:
Why do some models I load have a grid texture to them?
Hey. [Image: morning1.gif]
Thanked by:
3. Encrypted files

Some games have their files encrypted, for this you would need to wait for umodel to support said encryption, or find someone who can help with a quickbms script, or by other means to decrypt

Can you give us an example of unreal engine quickbms script or extractors for Nintendo switch Pak files? Maybe a tutorial for AES keys please?
Thanked by: