Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Errors
The updatedGameName(second column) doesnt need to be created if the game name doesnt have accents.
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
The databases don't really work like that. They are like creating tables in Excel, (or Access, to be more accurate, but less people are familiar with that one). Adding a new column effects every row of data automatically and can't be avoided. And leaving the data in that column blank for most rows would be pointless, as you'd have to code the searches to say "if this variable is blank, then check the other variable", which results in more time to return results. The fastest method is to simply have something in each line of the column for the search to read, even if it's redundant, which results in a heavier database but faster processing.
Thanked by:
You'd think some part of the database backend would have a solution to this - it's not like it's an uncommon thing. Most search engines do it...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-24-2016, 05:58 PM)Dazz Wrote: You'd think some part of the database backend would have a solution to this - it's not like it's an uncommon thing. Most search engines do it...

Supposedly, storing everything in unicode lets selects ignore accents but that's how it's already stored and doesn't seem to be behaving that way so we'll see.
Thanked by:
If you're going to opt to leave it the way you've been doing it thus far, you might want to restrict the characters which people can input so that you don't run into issues where someone DID use accents in the name causing it not to show up in search results.
Thanked by:
[Image: stitch_hi_by_guy_who_does_art-d7hridu.jpg]
Thanked by: Garamonde
While not an error, the PSV should be renamed to something like Vita, as not many people would go in search of the PSV. If you google "PSV", the whole first page is dedicated to "the Philips Sport Vereniging, abbreviated as PSV and internationally known as PSV Eindhoven" which "is a sports club from Eindhoven, Netherlands." Tongue
[Image: HcSQAM1.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy
Sorry, that's my bad; since Playstation Portable on here was labeled as PSP, I though it would be okay for Playstation Vita to be PSV.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
I've renamed it now Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono
Sweet, sounds like that's inadvertent confirmation that submissions to new consoles by non-staff works correctly!
If I try to search in a closed thread (in this case one from the July 2014 archive) I get this message:

"You may not post in this forum because either the forum is closed, it is a redirect to another webpage, or it is a category."

Not sure if it's intentional or something you guys can control, but would it be possible to change this? I can search the forum themselves, even sub-forums, just not specific threads.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
That sounds like a bug in the forum's search feature. I'll look into it but there likely isn't much I can do to fix it.

Edit:
Okay, so I can confirm that it's happening which means it's not a permissions issue. Unfortunately, as a result, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything I can do about it. Hopefully this will be fixed in 2.0.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Since I think this is the place to mention, I've noticed some errors on some of the pages for the Super Robot Wars sprites. I'll try to keep it short.
Super Robot Pinball has some name issues.
-Combatra V should be Combattler V
-Raydeen should be Raideen
-Walker Galliar should be Walker Gallier
Getter Dragon & Liger don't need the '/alternate translation' since for both of them they're incorrect.

All 3 sprites for Super Robot Wars A are from Super Robot Wars Alpha

Super Robot Wars D has has some sprite sheets that should be moved to the 'Enemies' section. They are:
-Angelus Series
-Fabularis
-Fatum
-Fortis Ala
-Impetus
-Priscus Nox
Also in the enemies section for D, the Virgio/Virgio II should be named Virgo.

Super Robot Wars J, like D, has sheets that should be moved to the enemies category. They are:
-Aegis Gundam
-Dankof
-Dona Lyunpii
-Ganjal
-Lyunpii
-Providence Gundam
-Slomco
-Tekkaman Axe/Lance/Sword
-Zakarl
-Zii Gadin (both)
Conversely, Tuatha De Denon (misspelled Tuana de-Danaan) should be moved to the player unit section.
J also has some more misspellings.
In the player unit section, Grimkaiser should be Grimekaiser
The 'Kurtz' is should actually M9 Gernsback while 'Melissa Mao' should be M9E Gernback
The Gransteed should be the Granteed. This name is correct on it's upgrade
Another issue to finish up J is that in the player section, the 'Skulgunner' should actually be removed. It exists in the proper section with the enemies with the proper name already. There are also 2 'Grimekaiser' (both misspelled). It can technically go in either place.
And lastly for J, I want to mention of the Aestivalis sprites should say '0G' and I'm not actually sure if it says 0G or OG due to the font.

The last issue I noticed is Super Robot Wars Original Generations Gaiden's thumbnail for the section is of the wrong game (Super Robot Wars Z is pictured).

I apologize for this being so long-winded. I originally came here to mention the issues for J, since that's had some issues for years (2011 or so was when I first noticed stuff being categorized wrong). I again do hope this is the correct place to post this.
Thanked by:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/wii_u/minecraft/
This is Minecraft: Wii U Edition
[Image: stitch_hi_by_guy_who_does_art-d7hridu.jpg]
Thanked by: Shade