Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Errors
It uploaded just fine for me. Can you tell me the error you were seeing?
Thanked by:
Whenever I sent the revision, it gave me an error, and I was never notified that my revision was accepted or rejected.
Thanked by:
Yes, but what was the error? Was it something sent by the site or your browser? Was there any text to accompany it or did you just wind up at a white screen?
Thanked by:
I ended up on a white screen with text saying "Invalid request" or something like that. (I don't remember exactly what it said, sorry.)
Thanked by:
Possibly related, when I add a new game it redirects me to http://www.sounds-resource.com/pc_comput...dsound/%13 and shows this:

[Image: iwWuIUhpVQ14o.png]

If I remove the "%13" from the address it brings me to the proper page for adding a new sound, and the game has been added successfully.

This also happened when adding a new game to TSR, so I assume it's the same across all sites.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: ~Axis~
puggsoy, your error should now be fixed. There was a hidden character that somehow snuck into the code and was breaking the redirect. Next time you have an opportunity to test it, just let me know if it worked.

Mystie, I imagine your error was caused by the same issue (just in a different file) because I found a hidden character there as well. So, as with puggsoy, give it a shot and let me know if it's fixed.

Thanks to the both of you for helping track these down!
I get a white screen if i send a revision.
I changed only the icon.
Thanked by:
Looks like revisions were likely broken for all changes since, while fixing the previous revisions error, I accidentally left out the end quote for the string in the redirect following a revision. This should now be fixed but please let me know if it isn't.
Thanked by: sutinoer
I tried to thank a comment in a thread I posted in Welcome/Goodbye section by E-Man and it redirected me to the VG resource main page twice. Tried thanking Puggsoy's comment on this page and it worked just fine. I use opera mini mobile for Samsung Galaxy S.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
(12-04-2014, 07:29 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: I use opera.

Found the error.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you'd be seeing that. My first suggestion, despite the sarcasm above, is to try it with the built in browser.

Additionally, if you can provide a link to the problem post, I'll give it a try as well.
Thanked by: ~Axis~, Maxpphire
Additionally, have you tried thanking any other posts?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: ~Axis~
(12-04-2014, 08:25 AM)Petie Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 07:29 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: I use opera.

Found the error.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you'd be seeing that. My first suggestion, despite the sarcasm above, is to try it with the built in browser.

Additionally, if you can provide a link to the problem post, I'll give it a try as well.

I'll try that next time.

Dazz Wrote:Additionally, have you tried thanking any
other posts?

Yes and it works fine on most of them but continues to redirect me to the index on some posts. But if I just come back to the post again and try again (as in dig through the index for the thread the post was in rather just pressing the back button and try thanking it) it works just fine.

I tried to manually send a PM to someone on the desktop and mobile versions and whenever I tried to send it, tells me that I didnt specify a reciepent. But when I try to send a PM via the PM button under the members posts in threads, it works fine.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
Quote by Tcll on an error

(12-17-2014, 03:17 PM)Tcll Wrote: also, I want to note a bit of a display issue with the forum that's getting rather annoying: (and it's just this site that does it)
[Image: display_issues.png]
it's as if there's rectangles drawn over random areas of the forum, including the text itself.
Thanked by: Tcll
thanks nub Smile

my OS is Xubuntu 14.04 (Linux) with Compton as the window compositor (glx-rendered windows)
my browser is the latest chrome
(yes, I'm actually using chrome after having bamf'd it so much for killing a 6-week old compy)

chrome seems to be the only browser that actually has built-in Malware protection.
but as you can see in the image, I've also installed just about every big main web blocker there is Tongue

as stated, I have no problems with any other forums
[Image: banner.PNG]
Thanked by:
While I can't guarantee that this is the problem, ad blockers do seem to break our sites in weird ways. We're certainly not doing this on purpose but we're also not exactly going out of our way to fix display issues caused by third parties modifying our sites in transit. That being said, my first recommendation is to disable disable some or all of those extensions, just to check if the problem persists with them turned off.
Thanked by: Maxpphire