Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games from your birth year?
Because I'm old AF, I think Pac-Man came out the year I was born (1980). I'm even older than Donkey Kong and Mario himself. Tongue

Looking up this thread, I can actually remember when a lot of those games came out the years you youngins' were born. Wink
Thanked by:
(09-03-2017, 08:44 AM)TheRewster Wrote: Because I'm old AF, I think Pac-Man came out the year I was born (1980). I'm even older than Donkey Kong and Mario himself. Tongue

Looking up this thread, I can actually remember when a lot of those games came out the years you youngins' were born. Wink

Man, you're very old indeed. xD
Thanked by: TheRewster
Sometimes when I feel like I'm too old for video games, I just remember that Dan from Game Grumps and NintendoCapriSun are even older than I am and they make a living from playing games. xD
Thanked by: Davy Jones

According to Wikipedia, and relevant to my interests:
Megaman 1
Final Fantasy 1
The Legend of Zelda (American release)
Wonder Momo
"Ideals too easily give way to dogma. Dogma becomes fanaticism. No higher power sits in judgment of us. No supreme being watches to punish us for our sins. In the end, only we ourselves can guard against our obsessions. Only we can decide whether the road we walk carries too high a toll."

-Arno Victor Dorian
Thanked by:
1991:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Street Fighter II
Final Fantasy IV
Super Mario World
F-Zero
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man 4
Civilization
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Is unfortunate, but no television games released in 1431. Is very sad.
I dislike drinking blood, by the way. I think it (im)pales in comparision to kebabs. Is delicious.
Thanked by: Shade
1994:
Mega Man 6
Mega Man X
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Darkstalkers
Earthworm Jim
The King of Fighters
Mother 2 (Japan)
The Need for Speed
Killer Instinct
Doom II
Donkey Kong Country
Warcraft
Tekken
Wario's Woods
Mega Man X2 (Japan)
Point Blank
SimCity 2000
Daytona USA
Thanked by: DioShiba
1991 - Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Street Fighter 2, Mega Man 4, Lemmings, Civilisation
Thanked by:
Mega Man 2 (Rockman 2) is one of the games released on my birth year. B)
[Image: 45Yrb9j.png]
Thanked by:
1988: Power Drift and Chase HQ, baby!

Apart from that; Mega Man 2 (JP release), Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 (JP release), Ninja Gaiden (arcade/Famicom JP release), Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Dynamite Dux, Power Strike/Aleste, RoboCop (both arcade and the home computer versions), Target Renegade (the home computer versions), Super Contra, Operation Thunderbolt, The NewZealand Story, Thunder Force II

and of course the year that the Mega Drive came out.

All things considering some pretty good games and some classics there. A couple of clunkers though...
Thanked by: Rapidkirby3k
Huh! I was born in '92, meaning in addition to Super Mario Kart, I was born the year of the first Wolfenstein, Kirby, Ecco and Mortal Kombat games! And also the release of the Sega CD and the SNES Super Scope! Those sure were things!
Thanked by:
1984: Tetris.
Thanked by:
The only one I can think of as a 2000's kid is Majora's Mask.
Thanked by:
I used to play Mario when I was small with my friends.
A few years back I started playing games on the PC.
Thanked by:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_in_vi...e_releases

Final Fantasy 2 out. Not too shabby I guess.
Thanked by: