Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Best-looking GBA games
Simple question: What are your picks for the GBA games with the best sprites and textures? I'm getting into spriting and looking for inspiration. Also I just like looking at really nice sprites. Also I just like talking about video games.

My picks are Minish Cap and FRLG.

(Apologies if this is not the right forum, I wasn't sure.)
Thanked by:
In terms of GBA RPGs, you can include the Golden Sun games. They are most known for their graphics and soundtracks.
Thanked by:
Gunstar Future Heroes or Wario Land 4
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
Iridion
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
mother 3 has my favorite pixel art style, and it's a great game too
Thanked by:
sonic advance 1-3, dragon ball advanced adventure, minish cap
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
The Legacy of Goku games after the first one. (The first one had super-stiff sprites - the later games made their animations a bit more dynamic and varied.)
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: miyabi95_
(06-13-2017, 07:12 AM)Goemar Wrote: Wario Land 4
(06-13-2017, 10:52 AM)LydiaPurp105 Wrote: dragon ball advanced adventure

Both great games with great art, WL4 in particular has a really interesting style. I also remember Metroid Fusion having some pretty good spritework.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
the mario bros. remake looks really nice too
Thanked by:
I'm all about the Fire Emblem attack animation on the GBA. Really good stuff.
Thanked by: Lexou Duck
Oh yeah, I love the art from Advance Wars. Especially the character portraits and battle animations.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Kosheh, Sengir
The best graphics I've seen on the GBA are from a little-known gem called Wade Hixton's Counter Punch. It plays a lot like Punch Out.
rolling sky
Thanked by:
(07-26-2017, 09:15 PM)WendyLong Wrote: The best graphics I've seen on the GBA are from a little-known gem called Wade Hixton's Counter Punch. It plays a lot like Punch Out.
rolling sky

uhhh

what's with the link? >.>
Thanked by:
I don't know why they put it there, but I ended up playing that stupid thing for about an hour instead of sleeping last night x.x;
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Big fan of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The graphics are really vibrant and are generally expressive, as the sprites are really well animated (minus a few of them). I know some complain how the game's sprites are "overused", but don't let that one issue make up your mind about the game's art.

I mean, look how huge the Luigi sheet is just for how much detail was put into the game's sprite work.

[Image: 7542.png]
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.