Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NES Full Library Project
Title Screen
Title Screen

I almost ended up not doing this game at all, it's a simulation strategy and well, it's primitive.
Troll
Troll

The controls. MY GOD the controls.
It's like an out of control dog that ran out the front door and you're trying to get it back in.
MIG 29
MIG 29

I wasn't exactly sure what to call "the plane", I'm not too good at recognizing military related things outside tanks.
Thanked by:
I have to bail out from this project (ejects from the burning plane from After Burner)... Some really bad luck happened as typical of me, my laptop died just as I was working another project of mine and almost finished Vixen on the Amstrad CPC. Very close to the site too. Extremely lucky that I've managed to save the sprite rips onto a SD card and was the last thing that laptop managed to do but the rest my stuff couldn't be saved... Couldn't manage to backup the things since it really was malfunctioning really bad. Had to use a tablet to come back here just to post.

What I was working on was Rad Racer 2. Did managed to get pretty far until I discovered that I wasn't doing it right so it was on the way of a rerip using YY-CHR. The re-rip files are lost too.

By the time that I have enough money for a working laptop, getting all the files redownloaded and setting up the emulators if I can it would be middle of the year at earliest and nearly the end of the year at latest. Way too late to come back to the project.
Thanked by: Superjustinbros
Sorry to see ya go, dude. Hope you can get a new one sooner or later.

Anyways, a new Japan-only FDS game is now here and accounted for with a brand new sheet.
Game Pieces
Game Pieces
Thanked by: Ton, Yawackhary
Knocking off a few more Famicom games, here's two Adventure/RPG games.
Tao & Dino Rides
Tao & Dino Rides
Overworld Maps
Overworld Maps

This one is actually kinda creepy IMO, even with the English translation in place the detailed, almost realistic sprite work of the different characters and the music wouldn't feel too out of place in a horror game. Plus the intro of Tao developing from an embryo into a full-grown baby... sure it's cute when he fully develops but just... ughSick
Mondo Nakamura
Mondo Nakamura

This one's got a lot less nightmare fuel, but it's quite mature (with a few deaths shown in great detail) and deals with a few topics you wouldn't see in your average NES game. Thankfully there's a FAQ on GameFAQs that helps with getting through the game as there's no translation.
Thank you for still doing these! I love these weird, obscure games!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
You're welcome, and glad to hear!
If I ever stumble across more of these weird and obscure titles I'll be sure to find something form them to rip!
Thanked by: Yawackhary
I made a promise to myself to get this rip done no matter what and just managed when the project is near the finishing line (didn't think I would make it to be honest but hey new laptop).

Rad Racer II
Cars
Cars

Yeah, one of the cars does look dodgy but that's how the tile format of this game works.
Thanked by: Ton, Superjustinbros
Awesome! Another one crossed off!
Thanked by:
F-14
F-14

I really didn't want to do this but since it's been a year since we started this and there's still a ton of stuff to cover, I might as well get all the A games finished.
Holy crap, you’re right! I’m going to have to do a write up about this after work and figure out prizes!
Well, we sure have come a long way since the project started last year. I was kinda a late adopter to the project since I already ripped a truckload of NES sprites before the project kicked off, but at least this resurged my interest in ripping for the NES and knock a couple games off the list.

With that said, a new day, a new rip.
Menu Screen
Menu Screen

Yup, another kinda mediocre sports game. Was able to play it fairly decently but well, not much to say cause it's a sports game.

My rip of the Lagrange Point protagonists is still on the way, I just need to get to the end of the game first to get all the ending-unique poses. From there I'll see what else I can kick off the list in Year 2.

EDIT:
Main Characters
Main Characters

It took a bit but here's the sheet!
Hey, everyone!

Thanks so much for all your help with this project over the last year! It's been way more successful than I ever thought possible. By my count, you've added 500+ sheets to the site, across 235 games! That's incredible! Because of you, we have a nearly complete NES section on the site, plus regional exclusives, unofficial ports, bootlegs, homebrews, and hacks!

I want to thank everyone who contributed, including Kendoliberto, Daemoth, TheMorningFlash15, Mr. C, Magman Dragoon, Shade, and Goemar. I also want to thank our top three, contributors, Firejoker, with 86 games submitted to, Shadowman44, with 141, and SuperJustinBros with 198 games! I'm going to ask about badges and get you guys some sweet bling for your profiles.

Again, amazing work, all of you, and thank you for your time. And just because the year is up, doesn't mean you have to stop ripping! Maybe one day we'll have all of them up!
And thank you very much for starting this project! It was great to see the good ol NES get a big-name project of it's own; and you're right, perhaps one day we'll see the rest of that list (and even more unlisted Famicom titles) checked off!
Thanked by: Yawackhary, Ton
All the badges have been given out (Thanks Petie!)! Please let me know if I've forgotten someone!
Thanks much for the badges, Ton and Petie. Big Grin
Thanked by: Ton