Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Luigi's Mansion mdl viewer/exporter ?
Hello guys,

So I've been attempting to rip Luigi's Mansion models recently but have gotten stuck with the .mdl files. I know those are the models but I have not found anything to be able to view them or export them. Since I know there are some others here who rip LM, I was wondering if maybe they could lend a hand?

Also what are some of the other weird extensions and their meanings?

Thanks again
Thanked by:
Anybody pls help?  Sad
Thanked by:
I have seen tons of Luigi's Mansion models on the internet and download links for those models in different format. Nobody really knows...
Thanked by:
Wait i found a mdl converter!!! mdl2obj! It's right here if you want it https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1025/ I you still go to the VG resource than stay here. Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress! This quote is puggsoy's and it has inspired me a lot! The app is in .py format but you can run it with python and convert it to an .exe file with py2exe. Good luck!
Thanked by:
Thanks for that. Brought me back here 9 months later Smile

Seems like the site is down though Sad
Thanked by:
Working now but struggling to make the .exe
Thanked by:
You have to try "3D Object Converter" maybe can open it.
But it is shareware, anyway.
Thanked by:
Got the py file to work.
Thanked by:
Ok, how did you because I couldn't get it to work. The VG resource is a little outdated but still is a good site. If you can't find a good game ripping site try XeNTaX. It might not work out though.
Nobody uses mdl2obj to convert the .mdl files though they use a special 3DS max script but mdl2obj is better.
Please respond so I know you haven't ditched The VG resource for good!
Thanked by:
are you at all familiar with command prompt?
Thanked by:
Yes. I am
Thanked by:
(11-13-2017, 07:59 AM)StardustDragon08 Wrote: Thanks for that. Brought me back here 9 months later  Smile

Seems like the site is down though Sad

It's good to hear you came back but this site is really not down. Really does seem like it at times
Thanked by:
(01-07-2018, 05:25 PM)SniperDude2745 Wrote: It's good to hear you came back but this site is really not down. Really does seem like it at times

Hey Sniper how do i use MDL2OBJ I've installed a recent version of python and MDL2OBJ but i dont know how to use it
Thanked by: