Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
looking for texture creator
3D Modelling 

.zip   metal knuckles.zip (Size: 709.45 KB / Downloads: 190)
.zip   emerl.zip (Size: 678.35 KB / Downloads: 173)
I am an OK model creator but I cant post my models because I am too lazy to texture them.
so I thought about asking anyone who wants to make their own textures... if you even know how to apply textures, awnser to this with the textures, and a screenshot of the model
Thanked by:
(01-03-2017, 07:31 AM)A_creator Wrote: I am an OK model creator but I cant post my models because I am too lazy to texture them.
so I thought about asking anyone who wants to make their own textures... if you even know how to apply textures, awnser to this with the textures, and a screenshot of the model

Sorry, but both metal Knuckles files are giving me errors... Sad
Thanked by:

.zip   emerl the gizoid.zip (Size: 586.23 KB / Downloads: 180)
.zip   emerl.zip (Size: 678.35 KB / Downloads: 178)
.zip   metal knuckles.zip (Size: 641.97 KB / Downloads: 191)
try these models if you are geting errors
Thanked by:
Neither of your Knuckles files work. Using Blender 2.78a and both the blend and obj are not opening
Thanked by:
I couldnt find any working copy of the metal knuckles model on my pc...somehow they were all giving errors, but only that model, maybe I didnt saved it correctly the first time and now all exports and saves were corrupted...

here goes the only image/screenshot of the metal knuckles model so that you can all see wat was lost

and the emerl model and image/screenshot so you can preview it here, it includes all the part variations for the move copy ability that emerl demonstrates in sonic battle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   emerl.zip (Size: 585.68 KB / Downloads: 168)
Thanked by:
(02-10-2017, 03:46 AM)A_creator Wrote: I couldnt find any working copy of the metal knuckles model on my pc...somehow they were all giving errors, but only that model, maybe I didnt saved it correctly the first time and now all exports and saves were corrupted...

here goes the only image/screenshot of the metal knuckles model so that you can all see wat was lost

and the emerl model and image/screenshot so you can preview it here, it includes all the part variations for the move copy ability that emerl demonstrates in sonic battle

I just tried opening up the files in everything from Zbrush, Maya, Max to C4D, it seems that somewhere along the way your geometry got reduced to an unusable scale and in the translation to export was deleted.
Your EmerlĀ the Gizoid file is still usable. Were you still looking for a texture? I may be able to do a UV unwrap, but texturing is its own beast. What kind of texture were you thinking? Something like the GBA pallet?
Thanked by:
Wink 
If you whant you can make test previews of the textures on the model, make what you whant but I can give some of my ideas if you whant can use:

REALISTIC:
reflecting metal shade for the orange and yellow, rubber like for the greenish black, crystal like for the eyes.

GBA based:
self explanatory.

Cartoon like:
cell shade/ base simple colours.

ORGANIC MACHINE:
organic gibers for the greenish black articulations, non reflective plastic for the yellow and orange, gumm/candy like material for the eyes.

just some ideas, you do what you want... send me images with previews of what you have made so far, looking foward to this colaborative model... B)
Thanked by:
[Image: uRpc0zV.png]
So I was super eager going in and then unwrapping around some of the geometry made me cry just a bit. Sad
Hope you don't mind but I had to go in and do a little remodeling. I think the proportions are as close to native as I could get. So far what's checkered has been UV'd.

Check out the updated wireframe/topology.

And don't panic about the missing limbs. The plan is to do all the unwrapping and remodeling on one side and then mirror it onto the other side.
I'm open to input. But also, I'm having issues with the topology on the chestplate, and for the sake of my own time if you could remodel it that would make my life way easier.

The geo that I have was the best I could do with what I was given. I might be able to redo it but the old chest would have to be discarded.
The reason why it's a problem:
Doing any sort of normal mapping will result in distortions, and if you want a smooth rounded shape it won't be doable with the existing geometry.

Depends on what you want though.

Thanked by:
(03-13-2017, 09:18 PM)Tummibear Wrote: [Image: uRpc0zV.png]
well, I am OK with remodeling stuff, no problem just want to say this:
I was going for some edges on the bottom of the lower leg part insted of round, a separation on the cover of the 3rd eye(located on the horn/ forehead plate), more edges on the kneecap, for some reason there is a lot of shadow on the chest holes( possibli making them more abrupt hole insted of round drop...do you understand?)...

only another thing... the colours dont feel compleetly right... : the mostard yellow could be slightly more brownish and less mustard green... are you using the mudel material has reference or the original sprites?

other than that...preety nice work...do you know the original character? he is my favourite character from the game and series...

Thanked by:
[Image: eKRV7Gv.png]
So right now there's no textures. It is fully UV'd. I've set it up so that all the different colors are assigned to separate materials.
That way you can do what you need. I'll send you the file with the UV snapshots in case you want to do your own texturing.

A lot of the stuff that you had as real geometry, in my opinion, would work better as a normal map. Then again I don't know what the end usage for this model is.
If you want to use it for games then normals are always better if you can get away with it.
If you want to use it for animations then I'd say that you can always just add a pinch in the geometry super easy.
Thanked by:
Thumbs Up 
hello, long time no see, well i was just making the model just for fun and for public realise on models-resorce.
it looks great but could I get a better look on the back, i want a better look on how the jet looks, the 3rd eye is supose to open so the cover is supose to have a horizontal cut, texture wise I am not shure if it looks right, not shure why... I think its because the ball junctions look like sponge and the dark conectors look like chocolate and the eyes look too bright.
try a more plane material/texture on the connectors,a 2 layer eye model: (a transparent dark blue outer layer and a brighter inner layer (the glass and inner LCD from a screen)) and the "mouth" should be wider and have a vertical gap on the middle...

nice work, what do you think about doing more texturing of other models?

are you good modeler? with your skills and time, and my concepts we could do colaborative models (I can do the basic modeling (like these one), texture and model draws(2d concepts), and redesigns if you need a fresh new design for any character (even original characters or things in general)).
Thanked by: