Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
Who remembers the Kids TV Show called Pingu?

Pingu was my favorite Kids TV Show
Thanked by:
(11-23-2017, 08:42 AM)RacingWolf7957 Wrote: Who remembers the Kids TV Show called Pingu?

Pingu was my favorite Kids TV Show

Pingu you say?

[Image: 700.gif]

I think everyone knows of this show at this point though. In fact it was even spoofed at one point where someone used Pingu Characters were parodying The Thing.

Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Cooper, Kriven
He's even a dope MUGEN fighter.

[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
They recently brought back Pingu with a new season called Pingu in the City. It's CGI, but it faithfully replicates the original stop-motion style you wouldn't notice the first time.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
(11-23-2017, 10:13 PM)Dolphman Wrote: They recently brought back Pingu with a new season called Pingu in the City. It's CGI, but it faithfully replicates the original stop-motion style you wouldn't notice the first time.

I watched Pingu in the City and it is Awesome and Ballin'.
Thanked by:
Two shows this week:

A - I binged the fuck out of that new Voltron show on Netflix. I avoided it for so long because I thought "Eh, shows like this never really work out." But oh my god did it ever work out. The attention to characterization is a breath of fresh air--but that's no surprise considering that portions of the creative team are carried over from The Legend of Korra. The animation is beautiful, and even the silly color-coded Power Ranger costumes manage to look very cool. They did change a lot of things from the original series, but I think all of the changes are for the better. The characterization of Keith is more suitable as the rogue Red Paladin, Shiro is a believable and likable lead character, etc. Keeping Shiro around (when he wasn't in the original) has created some problems with Allura's character development unfortunately... but maybe they can fix that by making the White Lion an actual power-up for Voltron this time around. Anyway, good show. It feels a lot like Korra in space, shifting between a focus on character stories and political fantasy (in space) drama/war tactics. It's nice to see that they don't just pull out Voltron and rush into every situation to beat it doooowwwnn with their sword, but they take the time to formulate plans and think things through in a real way. Sometimes the plans span across multiple episodes with narrative payoff being delayed for greater satisfaction (even if they lose). Like with Korra, this feels like it was written by a team who plays a lot of Fire Emblem. Which is perfect for me, because I love Fire Emblem.

B - Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters is a new Netflix cartoon based on a radically different Hasbro property that immediately looks like "Low Budget Dreck That Won't Last." HOWEVER, I think if you give it a chance you'll recognize that it's good at what it does: being a fun teen superhero show. It's definitely stuck a little bit in that Hasbro mold of "Must sell Toys" and a creative team that says "Must make Good," and you can feel that. On the other hand, I think it's a pretty great throwback to the Saturday Morning Cartoons of the early 2000s. It definitely feels like this show could have run after an episode of Static Shock or Teen Titans. Very good things in my book... There hasn't been a series with this feeling since Generator Rex (and that went a little heavier a fair bit).
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
two movies i really wanna watch for the holidays:

Dofus Le film - Livre 1 : Julith
what really is there to say, i mean the art movement in france is ridiculously well-funded so super creative people just get together and create whatever the heck they want, and don't even worry about profit. i make these assumptions because of how gorgeous the quality of this film looks, based on what i've seen in the promo vids. also the story sounds really interesting, i'm always open for a little bit of that "shounen anime" cheese, which this film's premise seems to have, combined with a fantasy universe, so it should be fun to watch.

The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (1985)
one of rankin/bass' later creations, so compared to the more well-known religion-based flicks, this one takes a more fantastical approach to the story of st. nick. as someone who's burnt out on american capitalist christmas celebrations i'm hoping this'll be a great watch considering it takes more liberties wtih telling his story. oh, and it premiered first in japan, where all rankin/bass films are produced, so i'm guessing it'll have this unique foreign feel to it, which i always welcome. from the trailer i saw, the animation is REALLY fluid and the character designs are beautiful, as expected of their puppet-crafters.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
Oh, Animaniacs, hands down. I still quote them to this day.
"Ideals too easily give way to dogma. Dogma becomes fanaticism. No higher power sits in judgment of us. No supreme being watches to punish us for our sins. In the end, only we ourselves can guard against our obsessions. Only we can decide whether the road we walk carries too high a toll."

-Arno Victor Dorian
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Rapidkirby3k
Thumbs Up 
I enjoy watching television in my free time. My favorite live-action shows are Flash and Arrow. Cartoons I really like to watch are Avatar: The Last Airbender, Teen Titans, Danny Phantom, Tom and Jerry, and Xiaolin Showdown.
Thanked by:
Hey Everyone! It's been a while. I finished watching Sakigake!! Otokojuku Smile
Thanked by:
I have watched the first episode of Legend of Korra. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch the other episodes due to being busy with school and real life stuff.
Thanked by:
Hey, has anyone watch the Bill ?
Thanked by:
Watch ReBoot. It's awesome.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Rapidkirby3k
This is a surprise, SEGA all of a sudden released a Sonic Mania Adventures Holiday Special! Once again Tyson Hesse did a fantastic job! Watch it here: https://youtu.be/UpfIblkRspQ
Thanked by: Ton
just finished A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. if you're like me and you read the books, you'll LOVE it, but even if you didn't read the books, you'll probably love it anyway! we're also watching Channel Zero, creepypasta fans might wanna check that one out.
Thanked by: Ton