Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
Back when Newgrounds was just a small corner of obscurity on the web I used to watch these stopmotion films made by someone named Knox. I'm also subscribed to Bedfellows, a quirky teen/adult-rated webseries on YouTube that is currently on hiatus due to the creators recently moving on to other things.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(05-30-2016, 08:36 PM)Dolphman Wrote: They also have this even zanier cartoon about a shark who protects his mermaid girlfriend from a hyena who wants to eat her fish half.

This is called Zig and Sharko for the curious.  Several episodes are on Youtube, but they might be on KissCartoon too.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
As long as we're on the subject of web series, Animator vs. Animation and Minecraft TNA.
Thanked by: miyabi95_
started watching Heathcliff. to be honest, i like the Catillac Cats episodes better because the main protagonist doesn't have much personality (if anything, he's an unfunny asshole). i guess this show's well known for being poorly executed even for its time. I don't think it's bad at all, especially because some of the character designs look right out of a classic anime (cleo's the prime example, among a couple others i guess), but it's definitely not as well-written as other cartoon's i've seen from its time.
Thanked by:
The thing with Heathcliff, he's very much a one dimensional asshole in the newspaper comics too. No wonder he's fallen into obscurity.
Probably doesn't help that he never speaks in comics either. And they are just as bland as Marmaduke and Family Circus.
It's kinda sad to know he was the last new character Mel Blanc lent his voice to. Which was also one of the few times he uses his real voice.

It used to be common for newspaper comics to get animated adaptations, but most were pilots that sadly never got picked up.
Hagar the Horrible is one notable example of a one episode wonder. I remember seeing this as a kid and wished it was a series.

I mean. You have Peter Cullen as Hagar, and he did seem like the appropriate choice to voice him.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Firstly, I made a major miscalculation how far through SU I actually was.
Second, I've just finished Season 1!
I did skip a few episodes, as I'd already seen them and didn't feel like watching them again, and I chose to re-watch some others.
Thanked by:
thinking of having steven universe playing while i work and stuff. while i already know that it's no cartoon for easy watching, i wanted to ask where is it on the feels scale? i'm thinking out of 10. 10 being the most feels, of course.
Thanked by:
I'd say very high up, depending on the moment. It has achieved 10s at least a few times in my opinion.

It's something I'd highly recommend paying attention to because it's so easy to miss neat or important little things.

But yea, at many points throughout the series it gets pretty emotional at different points. It's a wonderful feels-ride through and through.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Managed to watch a few more episodes legitimately last week[end?]

won't be doing anymore make-up binging for a while, though... computer is mute...again... >.>

what are peoples' thoughts on some the crime dramas?
I personally find I truly enjoyed some of these shows before I could fully comprehend them.
I don't quite like some of the new spin-off series, either, because there's no variety, and because of the specific subject matter they've centered on.

Currently, I like watching NCIS and the original Law and Order series.
I'll also watch probably any CSI if it's on. (well...I haven't watched cyber, and IDK if I'm going to)

I can handle some Criminal Minds, but I don't watch it regularly anymore.
My parents don't watch it at all, now.
Thanked by:
(06-21-2016, 12:27 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: I'll also watch probably any CSI if it's on. (well...I haven't watched cyber, and IDK if I'm going to)

Do it. Watch CSI Cyber. It's so hilariously bad/off that it's just...it's like almost satire at this point.

Like the first episode is about this hacker sect that targets people by causing their printers to catch on fire by overloading it with a smash stack or something. 
The source code that they have showing the "exploit" is LITERALLY THE HTML PAGE SOURCE OF A WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE ON HACKING WITH ANY TRACE OF THE URL REMOVED, with this gem inserted after they examine the source:

Code:
<ip address="hidden">91.106.362.20</ip address>

and they're like "WE FOUND THE HACKER'S ADDRESS!!"
i wish i could make this shit up but I am actually really seriously not rofl.
my gf and I, who both have experience with HTML/web design (she, however, actually has coding experience though) watched one episode. we couldn't make it through the second episode because we were laughing too hard.

Be prepared to pause a few times to catch things like that, though
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
That kind of stuff is precisely why I don't want to watch it.
I did see the normal CSI episode that set it up, and couldn't take it all too seriously.
The commercials for cyber also just annoy me.

It's probably actually because I come from that 'enlightened' background...

Before I knew anything much about the subject, it probably wouldn't have bothered me.

I see the show a little too much as being a mockery of programming/hacking, and computer forensics, in addition to being a marketing ploy to stay relevant with current events. (which arguably are not entirely because of hackers, but because of crumby or non-existent security to begin with, but that's a topic for another thread.)

Seeing how I was initially raised on all those misconceptions about hacking and programming, I really dislike associating myself with these ideals and beliefs, now that I know more of the real facts behind it all. Same applies for cyber crime.

It's hard to explain really, everything, but there's a point for me which crosses the line between humorous, and cringe-worthy.

Maybe I'll watch it, but IDK. I'm not particularly great at observing easter eggs, animation errors, and such, either, so it'd kinda be a waste of my time to watch it just to pick-up details like that. There'd have to be more to it than that. Can try the satire approach, but I feel it's going to be more annoying than funny, honestly.

I'm glad you can appreciate it, though.
Thanked by:
I tend not to watch the crime dramas which are specifically that... CSI, NCIS, those types of shows, they just run together for me. Sometimes I'll sit down to watch a particular story if I've been listening to it from the other room, just because I have to see how it ends, but I don't watch these shows from one week to the next trying to string the narration and character development together. The closest I get is Castle, and it looks like that's done, so...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145
Oh, that reminds me, I don't go out of my way to keep up with the character development, either.

I watch them usually cuz they're on and, as you said, Kriven... MUST KNOW HOW IT ENDS!

My dad really likes Castle, so does my best friend. And yeah, it pretty much is done, huh?
Thanked by:
Numbers is probably the most realistic of crime dramas, if you ask me. if you're looking for a crime show that's not super ridiculous and has more relatable characters/scenarios, i'd suggest Numbers.
Thanked by:
Seen a few episodes of that, I believe
Thanked by: