Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread
(05-16-2016, 10:51 PM)Dolphman Wrote: Warner Bros really needs to revive more Hanna Barbera franchises for TV. Someone better than Seth Macfarlane can bring back Flintstones.
I heard there might be a new Wacky Races show coming this year. Wonder if they'll bring back Jim Cummings for Dick Dastardly.
He's pretty much the only successor to Paul Winchell and Sterling Holloway, as he's already taken over most of their famous characters.

I heard somewhere that they also made a WWE/Flintstones crossover, is that one out already? Thankfully I doubt Seth was involved in that.
Thanked by:
I looked into that Scooby-Doo comic some more and it looks like DC is rebooting a whole line of Hanna-Barbera characters?

[Image: hannabarberabeyond-900x620.jpg]

It's a little haunting...

I don't like that they're shoving a whole bunch of the characters who actually would work in this context by this company into a single title under "Future Quest". There's absolutely no reason why Space Ghost and Birdman and the other actually superhero characters should be forced to play second-fiddle in a Johnny Quest comic.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Infinite Sadness 3:
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: psychospacecow
O...k.... then...

Well, I managed to get up to season 5 episode 7 of MLP:FiM tonight

So far enjoying it, although the thing I hate about trying to watch cartoons and such online is how I seem to have to search constantly to find the site or page with whatever episode(s) my current source lacks. Oh well.

I'd go more in depth about everything I've seen, but in the unlikely(???) event someone in about the same boat as me comes-along, I'd rather not put spoilers here. I am actually shocked with the amount of spoilers I've managed to avoid, myself, they're EVERYWHERE.
Thanked by:
I'm probably the only one who will bother to buy a cartoon on itunes honestly just out of support for the animators who make them.

Anywho, on another subject to kind of vent a bit about but... Am I the only one wondering why Mr. Pickles is still running on [as]?

I mean, I'm not so much bugged by the violence and satanic themes in that show (Since we're talking about adult swim and they usually have shit like that anyways for late night entertainment) but... So many shows on that block on CN have done that way better than what the animators and writers who work on that pickle loving dog have been doing for the past year now and it just makes that show more juvenile in nature than it should be.

That show has so much wasted potential for improvement it kind of irks me on a different level.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
that seems to be the direction [as] is going, i guess...

and that reminds me, most of all the extra shit i wanna discuss is ALL [as] related.

i haven't really watched a lot of mr. pickles, one of my main complains is that honestly, it can be kinda gross, and not because of the blood 'n guts...

i haven't taken much time to break the show down, really. from an animation and artwork perspective, it's definitely not great. what annoys and amuses me at the same time is how the Grandpa is the only one who even knows the truth, despite how many times that dog SHOULD have been caught...

Ofc, another question to consider is how 'evil' is Mr. Pickles, really? Every episode I've seen thus far, he seems to be targeting undesirables and shady people to begin with.

more later.
still busy
Thanked by:
wow...I never finished what else I was gonna say.

Well, quick update before i go to bed:

MLP season 5 complete.
definitely had some pretty emotional moments this time, and I did find some episodes or situations quite entertaining.

so glad i'm almost done...
i shall start season 6 tomorrow night.

and hopefully i can watch the next part of Steven Universe when it premiers. I sadly had to miss the one last week because of my Birthday plans conflicting with it.
Thanked by:
(05-16-2016, 10:51 PM)Dolphman Wrote: The art style for Be Cool Scooby Doo is really off-putting. Mainly due to it having the same people who worked on Brickleberry involved in it.
Brickleberry was one of the worst cartoons made for Comedy Central, and it's baffling it lasted three seasons instead of one.

At least this Scooby Doo goes back to the classic monster-of-the-episode and mystery solving format instead of what DC is doing to it.
[Image: Jv9kdET.jpg]
Do we really need Shaggy to be a hipster? It's not the same thing as a hippie.

Warner Bros really needs to revive more Hanna Barbera franchises for TV. Someone better than Seth Macfarlane can bring back Flintstones.
I heard there might be a new Wacky Races show coming this year. Wonder if they'll bring back Jim Cummings for Dick Dastardly.
He's pretty much the only successor to Paul Winchell and Sterling Holloway, as he's already taken over most of their famous characters.

Wait a minute? Is this a real thing? I thought it was just a bad fanart.

Also, I like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and Avatar.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2016, 03:45 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: wow...I never finished what else I was gonna say.

Well, quick update before i go to bed:

MLP season 5 complete.
definitely had some pretty emotional moments this time, and I did find some episodes or situations quite entertaining.

so glad i'm almost done...
i shall start season 6 tomorrow night.

and hopefully i can watch the next part of Steven Universe when it premiers. I sadly had to miss the one last week because of my Birthday plans conflicting with it.

Don't watch this week's without seeing the last one. It's important to keep on top of the story at this point in time. You can find it online.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145
I considered that honestly...
Yeah, I suppose I'll go do that in a sec.

The problem I find with new stuff, though, is it tends to get taken-down all the time.
That, and there's many 'my reaction/review' videos at the top of the results...
Thanked by:
(05-26-2016, 02:45 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: I considered that honestly...
Yeah, I suppose I'll go do that in a sec.

The problem I find with new stuff, though, is it tends to get taken-down all the time.
That, and there's many 'my reaction/review' videos at the top of the results...

are you using Youtube to try to watch tv shows? That's a terrible idea. Use KissCartoon or something like that
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Garamonde, Kriven
i actually just google search...

i've tried a few sites.
i've actually been watching a lot of stuff on dailymotion, lately.
kisscartoon was just not working for me
there's one or two other sites i've used to watch certain tv series, but they're chalk-full of ads and still don't have everything. i'd rather not even mention them

youtube i've given up on watching shows/movies entirely, but results on youtube still appear all too often when using google.

anyways, i just caught the episode i missed on dailymotion while eating lunch.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2016, 03:43 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: kisscartoon was just not working for me

KissCartoon works just fine on mobile devices. I dunno why it's so buggy in my Chrome browser, but I can watch whatever with ease on my iPhone

as for what I've been watching, I prolly don't need to explain after changing my avatar Kyun Kyun Aidoru
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(05-26-2016, 05:14 PM)JazzGW Wrote: as for what I've been watching, I prolly don't need to explain after changing my avatar Kyun Kyun Aidoru

Oh, I love the Smurfs Genki ^_^
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_
(05-26-2016, 05:14 PM)JazzGW Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 03:43 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: kisscartoon was just not working for me

KissCartoon works just fine on mobile devices. I dunno why it's so buggy in my Chrome browser, but I can watch whatever with ease on my iPhone

as for what I've been watching, I prolly don't need to explain after changing my avatar Kyun Kyun Aidoru

Probably the flash ads around the page.  Make sure you hide them all as soon as you can, so that those flash ads dont take up Chrome's resources.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: miyabi95_
i use firefox.
and, umm, they detected adblock , so... yeah... no ads wasn't an option.
i'm not adding anything that just generally targets flash, because that could get problematic.

anyways, ~24 minutes...
Thanked by: