Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Curious Villagers 3D modelling projects.
Yo, are you doing a model of Ethan too in the Sun and Moon artstyle?
Thanked by:
(12-02-2016, 11:12 AM)iyenal Wrote: Try to use Velvet shader for clothes if you use Blender Cycles, it can add a photorealistic effect.

I see, I'll be sure to try that out, thanks. I'll probably be needing to look up some more tutorials in regards to bump mapping though as there are still a few things I'm quite unsure about....

(12-08-2016, 12:27 AM)TheRealHeroOfWinds Wrote: Yo, are you doing a model of Ethan too in the Sun and Moon artstyle?

Lyra's model was made by heavily reworking the base model of the female protagonist of Sun & Moon and building onto that from there. (Mainly because I noticed that she shared a number of visual similarities with her.)

The male protagonist of Sun & Moon and Ethan do seem to share some visual similarities as well so I suppose I could do him too. Although I might be needing the male protagonist's model first which hasn't been posted anywhere yet as far as I'm aware..... ^^;
[Image: byFlRbT.png]
Thanked by:
So I redid Flora's facial expression.
[Image: tumblr_oju9q8xseK1u9u4k1o1_1280.png]
Instead of the modeled version (As seen in the left model) I went for a hand drawn approach instead (As seen in the model at the right) in order to give off a more accurate look for her.

Likewise, I've been working on the facial expressions accordingly.
[Image: tumblr_oju9q8xseK1u9u4k1o2_1280.png]
Some of these are based off the expressions Peach makes in Smash Bros for Wii U as I was initially trying to import her over to that game (with not much luck on my part) but overall. I'm going to work on implementing all her facial expressions she's made throughout the first three Professor Layton games.

Do let me know if you prefer her old look or the new updated look.

I do seem to be running into some transparency issues for her cheeks though (as there is some odd black outline running around it, which is why it isn't included in the updated model) as well as the render having white outlines running across her face when rendered) I'll see if I can't fix those somehow....

Anyway, after I'm done with her facial expressions, I'm probably going to start uploading her over to the models resource. This is probably super obvious, but I was wondering what sort of requirements are needed for me to upload this model to this website (As in, what file type does it need to be, how do you want me to organize all the files etc) In order to make this go as smoothly as possible for those who approve the 3D models here.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the double post.
Hold up. Flora? LINEBECK???

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS

This is awesome, awesome stuff! Two of my favourite characters from two of my favourite series (people might not know but Flora is one of my favourite characters from Layton, she's just not around a lot). I don't even do much model-related stuff (hence why I managed to miss this for so long), but I can still appreciate them.
Gonna be honest, I think I prefer Flora's old look, but the new one is more accurate and also looks great. Also do you plan on finishing Linebeck? It would be really cool if you did Smile

For submitting, even though I don't deal with model submissions (let alone custom), my advice is to just check out some of the existing custom submissions and see how they're done. The wiki also has a brief description of the basic requirements, as well as the icons.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Curious Villager
(01-20-2017, 08:56 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Hold up. Flora? LINEBECK???

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS

This is awesome, awesome stuff! Two of my favourite characters from two of my favourite series (people might not know but Flora is one of my favourite characters from Layton, she's just not around a lot). I don't even do much model-related stuff (hence why I managed to miss this for so long), but I can still appreciate them.
Gonna be honest, I think I prefer Flora's old look, but the new one is more accurate and also looks great. Also do you plan on finishing Linebeck? It would be really cool if you did Smile

For submitting, even though I don't deal with model submissions (let alone custom), my advice is to just check out some of the existing custom submissions and see how they're done. The wiki also has a brief description of the basic requirements, as well as the icons.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.
Yeah, a part of why I decided to learn how to make 3D models was because I wasn't sure if characters such as Flora would be getting any official 3D models anytime soon. Level-5 in general seems to be straying away from the original Layton trilogy so I'm not even sure if we would be seeing her again anytime soon, which is a little bit sad since she's one of my favourite characters too....

Yeah, I think I'll probably keep her old face as an alternative for those who prefer that. The only reason I went for a more hand drawn approach was so that it would probably be easier to import her into certain games such as Smash Bros for Wii U since not as many polygons are involved and all.

As for Linebeck, I should probably get back to him since I did sort of put him into the backburner for a bit....

And thanks, I suppose I should check out some of the already submitted custom models and the wiki then.

PS. Apparently there where some broken images in the last page. I got those fixed now.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Star 
thats so cool

MOD EDIT: Hey, bud - it's your friendly local mod with a quick verbal warning
In the future try to refrain from posting just to say "lol" or "That's so cool". Vague posts are frowned upon by the staff and userbase since comments like that don't really add anything to the topic. Vague posts are considered spam.
Thanked by:
3D model of Flora has been uploaded to the models resource for review.

[Image: tumblr_olfi8qazz51u9u4k1o1_r1_540.png]

I've included the model as well as additional textures based off various other characters of the Professor Layton series.
I'll let you all know if the model gets approved or not. I have also uploaded the model on another page too, so feel free to drop me a PM if you wish to download it earlier.

I've also started work on Lady Dahlia from Curious Village.
Thanked by: Dolphman
My first 3D model has finally been approved a few days ago. Feel free to use it in your projects if you wish. I've updated the OP with this info too.

[Image: tumblr_on105fAL8V1u9u4k1o1_r1_250.png]

Also, I think I should release this one too sometime soon.

[Image: tumblr_on38d2qgFL1u9u4k1o1_1280.png]

The only thing holding me back is that I'm having some rigging issues(Hence the T-Pose), but other then that, Sun & Moon style Lyra is more or less done too for the most part.
If worse comes to worst, I guess I can always re-rig it from the ground up.
Thanked by: Virt
Do you can do some photorealistic renders ?
Anyway I would see these models in a mobile game, I don't know why.
(05-24-2017, 09:39 AM)iyenal Wrote: Do you can do some photorealistic renders ?
Anyway I would see these models in a mobile game, I don't know why.

Well, if it counts for anything, I'm not sure if I should be posting this here in this thread though since It's an original character I'm working on but...
Just very recently, I started working on creating original characters, (for maybe a potential indie game if I can) It's not exactly photorealistic, but It's aiming a bit more for a cartoony animated movie style, such as Pixar and ARMS and all.

The problem is though, this is pretty new territory for me, and I'm not sure how I should go about modelling the eye lids and mouth so that they animate properly and naturally. I think I need to see some guides for that and how that works.

This isn't really finalized though and a lot still needs to be changed, even at this stage, the hair needs to be fixed for example.
Thanked by:
Maybe use Blender+Renderman with their Disney shaders ?
(05-26-2017, 09:51 AM)iyenal Wrote: Maybe use Blender+Renderman with their Disney shaders ?

Oh, that looks interesting, I'll try that once I get the model into a more presentable state.
Thanked by:
Hoorah! That is an interesting facial design. Can't wait to see how it looks!
Thanked by: