Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Parasol - Sweet Nothings
[Image: eadc7bcb3407ea5592b80b6ab0110770.png]
Meet Gris, the snail boy.

I might develop this idea further if I get some free time.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
S-nailed it!
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
I just want to say that I'm glad you made a sprite thread. I can use this opportunity to study how you pixel. I know I might sound wierd but I was just so eager to see you make sprites after the SSB sprite competition. Smile
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
D'aww it's cute. I think the shell could stand to be bigger, though. It looks like a sack lunch or something right now.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
the idea is to make it look like a backpack - since he is humanoid he won't need to use it as defense or anything for that matter
Thanked by: Ton, ~Axis~
i am still designing things, I'll talk about it soon

[Image: 3d8ad58151dc57801eaca8b39a282b93.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Thor
I find this style refreshing...

I'm not a huge fan of the grass, but I don't know enough about it to really say anything sensible about it
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Is it possible for you to make the ground look less like a bunch of segmented cubes?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I want the ground to look like segmented cubes - it's for gameplay purposes.
Thanked by: E-Man, ~Axis~, Thor
[Image: bRqjdff.png]

[Image: a20a10829c51f278f69ab9bb32056a9f.png]
Very unique mechanics. I can see a lot of mileage coming out of this simple concept.
Thanked by:
Anyone who has a tile with ferns on it yess support

Anyway one thing that caught my attention is the shading. I'm not sure what style you were going for but most of the raincoat shading/crinkles are not really visible on the 100% sized sprite. Without magnifying it is looks as if the crinkles aren't there. It just personally slightly irks me when sprite details make no visible difference whether they are on the sprite or not. It is just an issue with contrast between colours, which I more than understand is a persistent problem with yellow. Appreciate you've gone for more orange colours with shades, that is a good move...

I take it from the shell though you either aren't intending to do full shading and that my comments are possibly entirely redundant or that it is a work in progress and you intend to add to it later.
Thanked by: ~Axis~
The crinkles on the shirt aren't really visible as crinkles, no... but I think they still serve a function.

If you take the "crinkles" out, then the transition from raincoat to pants is pretty harsh, especially with all those sharp 90 degree angles.

The shadow also helps the eye to better understand the relationship between the raincoat and the arm (as in, the raincoat is further back, while the arm is closer to us). Plus, it would be rather strange if the main body of the raincoat, or anybody's shirt really, was absolutely devoid of shadow...

As for why the shadow has holes (making it a crinkle) rather than being one solid block of color, I guess that's just down to preference because both could serve the same functions as above. I actually like it this way better because it looks better if you zoom in (even though most people probably wouldn't) and because the shape of the filled-in shadow just doesn't make any sense to me with the shape of the raincoat
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
I wasn't doubting the use of crinkles. I perfectly agree with everything you mention.

I just think the crinkle colour should be slightly darker. Doesn't have to be much more.
Thanked by: E-Man, Thor
the crinkle is not exactle a crinkle, it's the wet texture of the raincoat. I will put a rain effect on the mockup, too

(i can make more tests later)
Thanked by: ~Axis~