Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Back at it again (at Dreamy Team)
HEEEEEEEEEEEE'S BACK!

Never thought I'd see the day. I gotta get back into making some of these.
Thanked by:
For the tail, you could have it scrunch up while he's charging the attack and then when he releases it, it extends out so it's a straight line. The hair on the end could also stick out, I guess.
Thanked by: recme, Ridge Troopa
(04-01-2015, 04:05 PM)Virt Wrote: For the tail, you could have it scrunch up while he's charging the attack and then when he releases it, it extends out so it's a straight line. The hair on the end could also stick out, I guess.

Thanks guys for the ideas. Think I'll do something like this.

Anyways, it's been longer than I wanted since the last update. Had to wipe my computer and start fresh, among other things. Have some cake, but good luck actually eating it.

[Image: ZiQZCfT.gif]
Always a pleasure to see your work, Ridge. Just one question regarding the boxed sprite parts in the Mecha-Koopa sheet: they're set up like this for easy animation in Flash or a similar program, right? Never thought about it before, but this seems like a good way to save some time when animating characters consisting of many parts.

The Paper Mario set is absolutely beautiful.
Thanked by: recme
I really love Bundt. I can't wait for some attacks.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(04-20-2015, 02:20 AM)Neslug Wrote: Always a pleasure to see your work, Ridge. Just one question regarding the boxed sprite parts in the Mecha-Koopa sheet: they're set up like this for easy animation in Flash or a similar program, right? Never thought about it before, but this seems like a good way to save some time when animating characters consisting of many parts.

Just like its backgrounds, BIS uses tiles for characters too, to save image space and allow for easy animating. The animations are only assembled in-game.

(04-20-2015, 10:49 AM)Ton Wrote: I really love Bundt. I can't wait for some attacks.

OK, here you go... but you'll have to guess what attack this is.

[Image: V0qzVSw.gif]
Diabolus Diabetes clearly.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Does he burp cracker bits all over them and make a sandstorm? Tongue
Thanked by:
Yep, it's Sandstorm. Decided to go with something similar for Drain Beam too.

[Image: GWgiPkk.gif]

(04-29-2015, 12:52 AM)Omega Wrote: Diabolus Diabetes clearly.

Poor Snifits.
Thanked by: Virt, Omega, recme
I love that the different items he eats leads to different moves. Pretty awesome idea.
Thanked by:
[Image: ToMLGhq.png]

Took a short break from M&L and added someone else to the Paper Mario set. Always wanted to redesign Bowser a bit.

Also, anything about those two Bundt animations need edits? Stared at them for hours so I had to have missed something.
Gotta say, those Bundt sprites really take the cake.

Now I wanna see what Super Mario RPG would be like as an M&L styled game. A three character M&L battle system with swappable party members would be really cool!
Thanked by:
Didn't realize it had been nearly two months since the last post. Whoops.
Bundt's Diamond Saw special uses the same animation where he's eating the wafer, but with a candy cane. Then he spits out these: [Image: 0FmEaav.gif]
Blizzard is finished as well.
[Image: 0aFvXhQ.gif]

Aaand a couple more in the Paper Mario set.
[Image: lC1so6h.png]
Whoa! That spin looks fantastic!
Will there be a version with the candles lit as well? This is a REALLY clever idea.
Thanked by: Ridge Troopa
I'm no animation expert, but I personally feel like the last bit where he does a little twist as he lands back onto the bottom cake is a bit jarring.

It's probably supposed to be "interlocking back into place" or whatever but it looks a bit off as opposed to just plopping back down
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ridge Troopa