Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo is now allowing derivative works
Nintendo also pulled the plug on an OoT demake a while back.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(11-18-2014, 04:56 PM)Kriven Wrote: Nintendo also pulled the plug on an OoT demake a while back.
How long ago was that?

If that happened, say, like in 2010 or so, it's not impossible for them to have a change of heart.
Thanked by:
I think it happened before I moved so... hm... At least seven years ago.

I'm not saying it's impossible (or even unlikely) that Nintendo has had a change of heart, just that there are more examples in their history of them pulling the plug on fan projects than the one Pokemon MMO.

Edit: They may have even rescinded their C&D on the OoT demake or other projects, because I remember they also wanted to stop that Zelda fanmovie from being distributed, but that seems to not be the case any longer.

Nintendo is pretty bipolar as an organization, I guess is all I'm saying. It's always good to be aware of their history in regards to fanworks if you plan on making one.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: E-Man