Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VG Resource Wiki
I have a problem with the wiki.
When I try to access it, it gives me this instead:
I cleared my cookies and all, so I don't understand.
[Image: ErtTUaIarb.png]
Thanked by:
Well that's definitely interesting. I've never seen that error and I'm certainly not seeing it now. What OS and browser are you using? Though that really shouldn't make a big difference here. Is this a consistent issue for you? Is it only after trying to log in (i.e. does it happen in incognito/private browsing)?
Thanked by: MaxiGamer™
(08-10-2014, 02:57 PM)Petie Wrote: Well that's definitely interesting. I've never seen that error and I'm certainly not seeing it now. What OS and browser are you using? Though that really shouldn't make a big difference here. Is this a consistent issue for you? Is it only after trying to log in (i.e. does it happen in incognito/private browsing)?

Thanks for your answer, Petie!

FYI, I use Google Chrome and my OS is Windows XP (Ye Olde Windows).
I tried to access the Wiki logged off, both in the normal and private browsing mode of Google Chrome logged off and it worked. However, when I'm logged into the "Resource", I get this weird message.

It might be the fact that I use XP, even though I doubt it.
Thanked by:
I use XP and have no problem on it.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
It seems really unlikely that XP is the culprit here. I honestly don't know what's going on though. I may be able to find a bit more info in the error logs if I know where to look. Can you try it again, get the error, and then post the exact date and time (including time zone) it came up for you? That would help a lot in trying to diagnose this.

My only initial thought is the special character in your username but, unless he says otherwise here, -1/4- (but with a special character for the fraction) seems to be okay so I'm not sure that's it.
Thanked by: MaxiGamer™
Special characters seems quite likely.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Isn't there a way to create new articles there without clicking on red links?
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
Search bar
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
I know a bit about wiki's, so I'll be sure to help out there Cute
[Image: QrLXv5E.gif?1]
Thanked by:
(08-10-2014, 06:59 PM)Petie Wrote: It seems really unlikely that XP is the culprit here. I honestly don't know what's going on though. I may be able to find a bit more info in the error logs if I know where to look. Can you try it again, get the error, and then post the exact date and time (including time zone) it came up for you? That would help a lot in trying to diagnose this.

My only initial thought is the special character in your username but, unless he says otherwise here, -1/4- (but with a special character for the fraction) seems to be okay so I'm not sure that's it.

There ya go:

Taken at 4:24 pm EST, 08/12/14:
Thanked by:
I see a lot of opinion statements on the wiki, you guys should be more careful of those ^^.
Thanked by: Rystar
I have the same problem as maxigamer, but I kept my mouth shut because I thought I did something stupid on my part that prevented me to access it, since I had many malware and viruses on my pc. I went as far as to format my pc, still no access ):
I use Mozilla Firefox btw.
Thanked by:
Well formatting sounds like it was a good idea regardless. As far as logging in goes though, I'm not sure there's anything I can do to fix the issue caused by special characters but I'll keep looking for a solution.
Thanked by:
Aye, special characters are very likely the issue. If you'd like a change of name, we can accomodate that. I'd imagine something like -1/4- would work still.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
After going through the logs, I don't even see anything at the date and time MaxiGamer posted which means it's not triggering an error in PHP - it's just in MediaWiki. I'm fairly certain this indicates an issue with special characters and I'm inclined to say that changing your usernames will be the only workable solution.

And if you would like to go that route, wait for me to do it. I want to make sure the new name links up on both sides so I'll need to rename you on the Wiki side as well.
Thanked by: