Users browsing this thread: 58 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
A lot of the stages in the Wii u version are no fun to play on.

Thanked by: Shade, Iceman404
You know, I feel like Melee has the funnest stages to play on. Or maybe the most fun, idunno. There was Rainbow Cruise, The other Metroid stage that I can't remember the name to, PokeFloats, Fountain of Dreams, both of the DK stages, both of the Fox, etc etc etc

I just think Melee had better stages, barring maybe Smashville/other AC stage
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
(01-17-2015, 12:18 AM)Koopaul Wrote: A lot of the stages in the Wii u version are no fun to play on.

I kind of agree, although I do think that the Wii U version overall has a far better selection of stages than the 3DS version (although the 3DS version does have Magicant and Corneria).
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: Iceman404
I've felt like the 3DS took all the creativity and good ideas for stages, and it's a big part of why I wish they'd only made the Wii U version (just... with the 3DS stuff included). I only enjoy a couple of the new Wii U stages (Pac-Land, Windy Hill Zone, and Gamer) and while most of them are generally cool-looking or don't make me feel any particular way... that's the problem. They're all pretty much really long platforms with nothing particularly special about them.

Also, I really hate Dead Zones and how large Palutena's Temple/Great Cave Offensive are.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
The new DK stage is great in theory, but poorly executed. I hate that they destroy the stage below you forcing you to use the barrel cannons instead of letting it be an option like I thought it would be.

Besides that the stage looks rather bland. I'm glad they brought back the N64 stage (although I wish they'd update the visuals).

I feel like the N64 stages had a lot going for them that Brawl and SSB4 doesn't really... Get.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Yeah, I've been playing since the original Smash and the stages get worse every game.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404
Sakurai believes that the more a stage can get in your way and fuck you over, the better it is. Everyone loves ultra whackyness it can never be taken too far to the point of detracting from the focus XDDDDDdDDDdDxDDxDXDdddddddddddddddddddd

*gets simultaneously hit by Ridley and an F-Zero machine and dies at 5%*
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS, Shade
I actually like a decent amount of the Wii U stages, my favorite being the Kalos Leauge and Wrecking Crew, but it is easy to see that what they went with in terms of stages in this version is visual appeal rather than practical.

For example, the Star Fox stage has lots of crazy stuff going on, but kind of falls in terms of playability. Granted, I kind of like the stage, but the one point where it falls flat on its face for me is when the missiles explode. For some weird reason when I JUMP off the missile I fall to my death, and the surest way to NOT fall is to let the missile explode on you and drop you on the Arwings.

I also like Wily's Castle and Pyrosphere. X: I mean, Big Blue was my favorite Melee stage. I'm a bit of a masochist.
Thanked by:
Forgot about Wrecking Crew somehow, even though it's the most gorious new stage in the game.

Really don't like Kalos. The primary arena is already pretty small, then the stage drops hazards right through it (I fucking hate the swords, dude, ugh).
Thanked by:
Kalos seemed mellow enough to me the first few times I played it, but then when I played it at length stuff like Rayquaza flying through, the big dragon statue breathing fire and the swords swinging out of control happened.

I still enjoy it though. It's very visually pleasing.
Thanked by:
Not sure if I really expressed this before, but if there's one thing I'm completely disappointed with in this game and seriously believes that DLC is needed for it is the Stage Builder.

I mean it's sad, there's a complete lack of features that are missing from the original stage builder and so many missed opportunities that the Wii U could have had. Sure the pen thing is nice but you have to be precise with how you draw your platforms. It makes me want to play super smash bros brawl and use that stage builder instead and that's saying something.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
For some reason I feel like there's this phobia they have with putting certain kinds of objects. For example, they'll avoid doing things like including Mario blocks or basically any recognizable landmark.

While I understand there are bound to be limitations with Stage Builder, it would definitely benefit from more premade structures. I'd kill for a few basic elements from each series, like Mario blocks, Kirby landmarks, statues of characters from Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem.

Would also be cool that, since more elaborate stage elements would be unavailable, maybe having spawn points for SPECIFIC items.
Thanked by: BullockDS
It's not just that I have a problem with stage bulder.

I know this may be asking a lot to sakurai if I had to ask him this, but remember the hyrule castle stage from the nintendo 64 smash? you know, where it had the tower in the background and a thing of platforms that you could jump on and once in awhile a tornado would happen?

I want to be able to do shit like that with my stages. I mean let us be able to have a LITTLE more freedom with making our stages look nice and have the ability to add hazards to it that happen at random and not just placing some magma or spikes in a random location.

There's just a whole list of things that I feel stage builder could have been if sakurai put some extra focus on it =/
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: BullockDS
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: