Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Suggestions
Could you add a list of everything for every category in order of newest to oldest?
Thanked by:
Wouldn't it be easier in that case to put the year the game was released on the page? I feel as though the exact month and day for some games on the site have been lost to the footsteps of time, considering how obscure some can be.
[Image: WatSig.png]
Thanked by:
I don't think I understand the request here. We don't have information for the date that every submission was added to the site (only those since I added in a logging system) so if I'm understanding this correctly, it can't be entirely done regardless.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2020, 02:02 PM)The Observer Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier in that case to put the year the game was released on the page? I feel as though the exact month and day for some games on the site have been lost to the footsteps of time, considering how obscure some can be.

(05-27-2020, 02:13 PM)Petie Wrote: I don't think I understand the request here. We don't have information for the date that every submission was added to the site (only those since I added in a logging system) so if I'm understanding this correctly, it can't be entirely done regardless.

Pretty sure The Observer meant the year a game was released, not the date a submission was added.

For example:

Pac-Man - 1980
Super Mario Bros. - 1985
Sonic the Hedgehog - 1991
Thanked by:
I definitely think that's what The Observer was referring to but I'm not sure if that's what the original suggestion meant. For release years, that's something we can consider but it's not high on the priority list right now.
Thanked by:
Now that the website is suitably-scaled on mobile, would it be feasible to adjust the browser theme colour for Chrome and Samsung Internet users on mobile? It's a minor thing, but could really seal the deal.

Spriters:
<meta name="theme-color" content="#c4686d">

Models:
<meta name="theme-color" content="#405ad3">

Textures:
<meta name="theme-color" content="#8a58af">

Sounds:
<meta name="theme-color" content="#42cb61">
Thanked by: teh_supar_hackr
I'll add those in but damn, I really wish they were implemented in some way other than meta tags.

Edit: They're in. I'd love to see some screenshots of the results (and I guess a screenshot of another site that doesn't have it so I can compare) since I'm on an iPhone and I don't think this will do anything on my end.
Hey, looking good! Here's all four websites, plus Twitch which doesn't set a theme colour (and looks fine since the top of their website is white anyway):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10688]

I don't know if you might want to tweak the colours - I just copied the backgrounds of the buttons for each site along the top of the page - but we know that it works!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks good! I would have used the button colors anyway so I think they’re fine. Thanks!
It would be useful if there was a way to get notifications when you get comments on a sprite sheet you ripped, or a reply to a comment you posted. I remember only once getting a notification back in like 2014 or something on when someone posted a comment on a sheet I uploaded. I don't know if this is still a thing, but just not on for some reason, but please someone let me know as this would be useful to see back.

Another cool suggestion, maybe have an option to subscribe to any new sheets, or updates to sheets on games through PM, Email, or both. There's a few games I'd use this on that I would like to follow so I can know if it's been updated without the risk of that new sheet being posted on the latest sheets, then have it go away from the list over time then me never knowing in time unless I check again. Also I've been wondering about a comments section for a console itself. I ask this because of how when a new console is added that's interesting or no one heard of people go to the first game on the console and talk about the console with the game too.
Thanked by:
RSS feeds are provided for all of the areas you’d like to receive notifications in. Doing it this way, while not as intuitive, was much less complicated and better on resources than actually implementing email or PM notifications. If you subscribe to your own username for comments on submissions, you can get feed updates for comments posted on anything you ripped. The same goes for comments on individual games - just look for the RSS icon on your submitter profile or on any game page and subscribe using the reader of your choice. For reference though, notifications as you’re describing have never existed so you either subscribed to the RSS feed in 2014 or you’re misremembering something.

As for comments on consoles, I really don’t see the need so those won’t be added. It’s just to general and would quickly become a mess.
Thanked by:
(08-04-2020, 01:37 AM)Petie Wrote: RSS feeds are provided for all of the areas you’d like to receive notifications in. Doing it this way, while not as intuitive, was much less complicated and better on resources than actually implementing email or PM notifications. If you subscribe to your own username for comments on submissions, you can get feed updates for comments posted on anything you ripped. The same goes for comments on individual games - just look for the RSS icon on your submitter profile or on any game page and subscribe using the reader of your choice. For reference though, notifications as you’re describing have never existed so you either subscribed to the RSS feed in 2014 or you’re misremembering something.

As for comments on consoles, I really don’t see the need so those won’t be added. It’s just to general and would quickly become a mess.

I forgot RSS feeds are on this site as I've only seen them as a small 16x16 icon. I've been meaning to try that RSS feature.
Thanked by:
This might not be a necessary thing, but is there an official VG-Resource Discord server? I think it might be cool to have one like the Cutting Room Floor does.
3DS FC: 2810-4675-6620

[Image: tumblr_mcg432l3pu1ri88lco1_400.gif]
Thanked by:
We already have one. It's linked on the top of every page on the main sites though I guess the link is missing from the forum in hindsight. The invite links is https://discord.gg/dykg though.
Thanked by:
I recently seen the Sonic R thumbnail changed from the title menu to actual gameplay. I don't care for the new thumbnail because it's too dark.
Can someone please change it to the new one I made?
(I made this one because it's more colorful, and I thought I'd make a new thumbnail that could stand out more)

If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by: