Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Suggestions
is it possible to make some custom emoji for the discord channel?
Thanked by:
(03-16-2017, 03:03 PM)kendotlibero Wrote: is it possible to make some custom emoji for the discord channel?

This. I'd be more than happy to help out with this (I also wanted to tweak some of the existing smilies on VGR, ever-slightly)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Would it be possible to put games and/or sheets to a favorite list? Because it's easier to fav them instead of downloading and sorting.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I feel like that's come up before and the answer last time was that your browser already does this for you directly and that it wasn't worth the development time at that point. I still feel this is likely the case but I'm open to reasoning why something like an on-site favorites list would be useful.
Thanked by: Garamonde
It could be useful for people who frequently use different computers, or just don't use their own (and may not be allowed to set their own bookmarks). I agree this all seems like pretty edge cases though, so although I wouldn't be against such a feature I can see why it might not be worth it.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
With the exception of public computers, even people frequently switching between computers shouldn't be impacted. All major browsers support syncing of bookmarks.
Thanked by:
Has anyone tried ripping the Lego game files with this?: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5...-explorer/
Thanked by:
(03-21-2017, 11:59 AM)Puterboy1 Wrote: Has anyone tried ripping the Lego game files with this?: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5...-explorer/

Once again, this is not the place for these kinds of "suggestions" - you want the requests forum because these really are just thinly veiled requests. I'd recommend you familiarize yourself with the rules before you continue posting.
Thanked by: SuperFlomm, Garamonde
(03-21-2017, 11:32 PM)Petie Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 11:59 AM)Puterboy1 Wrote: Has anyone tried ripping the Lego game files with this?: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5...-explorer/

Once again, this is not the place for these kinds of "suggestions" - you want the requests forum because these really are just thinly veiled requests. I'd recommend you familiarize yourself with the rules before you continue posting.

Sorry, I thought the requests was for games only.
Thanked by:
(03-21-2017, 10:29 AM)Petie Wrote: With the exception of public computers, even people frequently switching between computers shouldn't be impacted. All major browsers support syncing of bookmarks.
When you have a few favorites, browsers are the better option, yes. But if you have hundreds of pictures, things are a little different. Not sure if you know https://e926.net/ but here you can fav tons of pictures you like (for example references in drawing) and look at them in thumbnail form in your own favorites list. This is far more comfortable than the text-based browser bookmarks.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I get where you're coming from but honestly, this sounds like a lot of development work (the system to add/edit/delete favorites and a display page at least) for what can arguably be called an edge case.
Thanked by:
You could just... you know... save them and organise the files?
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
Here's one. Regarding to the updates on the site. I understand that there's a limit on 250 sheets (or something like that) being shown on the page without the person clicking to see the whole update, but instead of this being after a certain point couldn't it be be certain amount of sheets per game or something?

I mean with the latest updates you have loads of sheets from Dragon Quest V but everything for the GBA, NGC, Master System, Mobile, NES, PC, Saturn, SNES and Wonder Swan is hidden behind the "Max of 250 sheets shown on home page. Click here to see the rest." wall. Not only am I not too sure how many people see that to 'click here' but it seems a bit weird giving 'favouritism' to sheets just because of where the name of the console they are on falls in the alphabet.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
A small but good point. I think it would be fair to have like 10-20 sheets per console shown, with a link to "view full update". You could even do something that makes those sheets shown from different games when possible. Well, maybe that's going over the top but I think some kind of modification that shows more consoles would be better.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I actually do agree wholeheartedly, this is an issue cropping up as of late more frequently. I'll put some thought into what would work best from a logical standpoint for a bit and try to come up with something with Petie. If he agrees, of course.

edit: Perhaps we could put drop down options on each console to view the rest of them on the page. If that's an issue with load because it's the front page, I'm thinking maybe we could work something out so it doesn't load those images until you drop down. And at the top maybe have just the first 20 sheets, but perhaps that could be sorted better...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Goemar, puggsoy