Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Suggestions
https://sketchfab.com/models/73b298bc782...40bb5c5c30

This website has an embed option.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
While it does have an embed function, it doesn't solve anything... we'd still need to uncompress the zip to get the models and textures, potentially convert all the unrecognised model formats to .obj, download the model, upload to an external site that could at any time change their functions or close, and then reimplement the embed code into the original submission. That's at least a 30 minute job for any given submission.

That would mean that Peardian would need to dedicate about 71 hours to clear the current queue of pending submissions. Also, an additional 216 solid days of working non-stop to get the site caught up to the same format. By which time it's possible the site will disable embeds, or add external advertising we aren't in control of.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: puggsoy, psychospacecow
Not really a suggestion but I'm not sure where else to put this: is there a way to tell which members have referred to you when they registered? I realise it doesn't really matter at all but I'm just curious.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
For some reason, no... MyBB should likely implement that in the future. I'll put a note in their forums.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: puggsoy
(07-28-2015, 03:17 AM)Dazz Wrote: While it does have an embed function, it doesn't solve anything... we'd still need to uncompress the zip to get the models and textures, potentially convert all the unrecognised model formats to .obj, download the model, upload to an external site that could at any time change their functions or close, and then reimplement the embed code into the original submission. That's at least a 30 minute job for any given submission.

That would mean that Peardian would need to dedicate about 71 hours to clear the current queue of pending submissions. Also, an additional 216 solid days of working non-stop to get the site caught up to the same format. By which time it's possible the site will disable embeds, or add external advertising we aren't in control of.

And in addition to all of this, even if all of that work was somehow feasible, there was no worries of the site disabling embeds, and no worries of them injecting ads, it means that our content is no longer hosted on our site and that leaves lot of avenues for things to break.

(07-28-2015, 06:29 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Not really a suggestion but I'm not sure where else to put this: is there a way to tell which members have referred to you when they registered? I realise it doesn't really matter at all but I'm just curious.

Just to confirm what Dazz said, while that information is tracked, it's not visible for reasons I've never understood. I can tell you if you'd really like to know though.
Thanked by: puggsoy, psychospacecow
Yea, it tells me I have one member referral, and I'm quite curious.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-28-2015, 12:09 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Yea, it tells me I have one member referral, and I'm quite curious.

I think it has one member referred for everyone, because I have one, and I've not referred anyone
Thanked by:
Nope, somebody actually used you as a referral.
You don't necessarily have to "refer" anyone to get referrals but if they input your username during registration, it will automatically count as a referral for you.
You don't really actually have to do anything at all to get referrals since that's all on the person that puts your name in. It's kind of a weird system.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-28-2015, 03:25 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Nope, somebody actually used you as a referral.
You don't necessarily have to "refer" anyone to get referrals but if they input your username during registration, it will automatically count as a referral for you.
You don't really actually have to do anything at all to get referrals since that's all on the person that puts your name in. It's kind of a weird system.

That's kinda weird, I didn't know :p
Thanked by:
(07-28-2015, 08:48 AM)Petie Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 06:29 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Not really a suggestion but I'm not sure where else to put this: is there a way to tell which members have referred to you when they registered? I realise it doesn't really matter at all but I'm just curious.

Just to confirm what Dazz said, while that information is tracked, it's not visible for reasons I've never understood. I can tell you if you'd really like to know though.

If you could that'd be neat, since I've got 3. There's one that I think I know (Daxar) but I want to see if the others are ones that I've actually referred and just don't remember, or random people putting in my name when they registered Tongue
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(07-29-2015, 12:12 AM)puggsoy Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 08:48 AM)Petie Wrote:

If you could that'd be neat, since I've got 3. There's one that I think I know (Daxar) but I want to see if the others are ones that I've actually referred and just don't remember, or random people putting in my name when they registered Tongue
I've got 21, and I have no idea who in particular those are. So yeah, could be useful to know, even if it's only privately-done.
Thanked by:
By popular request: http://www.vg-resource.com/referrals.php
How about an uploading progress bar? I figure it'd make sense so you
could see the progress of what you're uploading. And if it came across
an unsupported format, an 'ERROR' should come up.
Especially if it's more than 30MB. Does anyone agree?
[Image: 3oEduVuAsde9E8A716.gif][Image: ness_stamp_by_yukidarkfan.png]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-7082-7654
Add me sometime. I've got Smash, Mario Kart, and a few others!
Thanked by:
The 30MB limit doesn't even exist anymore lol

it was increased a good while ago
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I know that lol, I could have figured from RTB's Smash U stuff.
As in to show how far you're sprites, texture, etc. are going progress-wise.
[Image: 3oEduVuAsde9E8A716.gif][Image: ness_stamp_by_yukidarkfan.png]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-7082-7654
Add me sometime. I've got Smash, Mario Kart, and a few others!
Thanked by: