Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Suggestions
To expand on what Dazz said, here's how fixing the top elements now works:
  • On screens with a minimum width of 767px and a maximum height of 779px, only the top bar (the blue "site bar") is fixed.
  • On screens with a minimum width of 767px and a minimum height of 780px, the site bar, header, and top navigation are fixed.
  • On screens with a width of less than 767px, nothing is fixed (which allows access al all content on something like a mobile phone).
We're willing to work with that 780px height if you still think it's too cramped but in our testing, it seems okay. Thoughts?
Thanked by: StarSock64
This is probably just a personal opinion, but I think the sprite sheets/model download links etc. should be above the information. The sheet is what people come to see, so shouldn't it be the first thing that they DO see?
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
We toyed with both positions but this was the most efficient way to use the space and, additionally, also provides all of the information that the title line did in the past right at the top (i.e. the game, section, name, etc.).
Thanked by:
I'll be honest, I'm not fond of the "Recently Uploaded Sheets" feed pushing down the updates. I think it would look a lot better if that feature was relegated to a side-bar. It seems much more professional for any site to have the news be the center of focus as soon as you open the front page. Just my opinion.
I definitely agree with that one, the first time I saw the design it took me a second to realize that that wasn't a result of NoScript and was actually how the site was intended to function. I thought I was seeing a bunch of alt-text for broken images.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
It may be just me, but I can't find the search bar, submit button, or the sections which lead to different consoles/handhelds.
Just the fact that I can't find the submit button is bad. Sad
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
(07-06-2014, 03:48 PM)Quirby64 Wrote: It may be just me, but I can't find the search bar, submit button, or the sections which lead to different consoles/handhelds.

I'm not sure why...

Search bar is in the header, next to the logo.
Submit buttons - select a console, there's an add game button on the first page. Or if you select a letter, it's under the stats on the left.

Select a game, and the submit button is under the stats too, next to the game icon.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(07-06-2014, 04:42 PM)Dazz Wrote:
(07-06-2014, 03:48 PM)Quirby64 Wrote: It may be just me, but I can't find the search bar, submit button, or the sections which lead to different consoles/handhelds.

I'm not sure why...

Search bar is in the header, next to the logo.
Submit buttons - select a console, there's an add game button on the first page. Or if you select a letter, it's under the stats on the left.

Select a game, and the submit button is under the stats too, next to the game icon.

Search bar is'nt there, and I can't find the parts to select a console anywhere. So I can't submit a sheet or game either ; and I have a sheet made that needs to be submitted. Ouch!
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
... I'm dead confused. Hit ctrl+f5, and try again?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(07-06-2014, 04:47 PM)Quirby64 Wrote: Search bar is'nt there, and I can't find the parts to select a console anywhere. So I can't submit a sheet or game either ; and I have a sheet made that needs to be submitted. Ouch!

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Nothing that you're saying makes sense in terms of what should be visible to you right now.
Thanked by:
(07-06-2014, 04:48 PM)Dazz Wrote: ... I'm dead confused. Hit ctrl+f5, and try again?

Oh god that did'nt work either. I'm just going to show what it looks like for me :

[Image: ohnerp_by_quirbstheepic-d7pi8zk.png]

No search, no select a console text, nothing. UGH.
Thanked by:
Yup, that's exactly what I expected to see and I understand why you're so confused. Nothing about that is even remotely right. If a couple of CTRL + F5s isn't working, you'll need to clear your cache. In Chrome, this is accomplished by clicking the "Clear browsing data..." button under Privacy in settings and then checking, at least, "Cached images and files". Let me know how that goes for you.
Thanked by:
Congrats on the new site layout! It's great to see this community so active! Smile I just have one suggestion. Maybe the site could automatically adapt itself to the window width. For example, in my case, I have a wide window, so there's a lot of empty space on the sides... almost half of the window (see screenshot below). It's kind of a waste and using all that space effectively would make browsing through the images much easier. It's just a suggestion though. Other than that, I'm loving this update. Smile

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/Bo495gw
Thanked by:
This is actually by design. The site is now designed to take advantage of the fixed width instead of the variable width it used before. While this does come with the drawback of wasted space on large screens, it provides a consistent experience across all screen sizes and allowed us to more accurately position things since we knew where they'd be at all times now.

Your screenshot did help me realize I had forgotten to update that top right image though so thanks for that!

Also, I've noticed you're running AdBlock. That is absolutely your choice but you should be aware that AdBlock does tend to break some of the actual features on the site in addition to removing the ads. I know, for instance, that the upload form has a hard time with AdBlock enabled, possibly due to some of the JavaScript being used but I'm not really sure. Regardless, just keep that in mind if you intend to submit anything to the site!
Thanked by:
Just going to put it out again that adding Miiverse to the Social Sites would be rad.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: