Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hello resource my old friend: looking for C+C
[Image: NBkvAen.gif] [Image: LBpo0sG.png]

Haven't done any spriting for a while; so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Perhaps this could turn out to be more later on.

I feel that it's a bit rough.. comments, criticism, and suggestions most welcome.
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by: SmithyGCN
Good to see you.

Would you mind explaining what's going on with the hair? I can't tell if it's supposed it be in front of the face, or to the side.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(06-28-2014, 09:05 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: Good to see you.

Would you mind explaining what's going on with the hair? I can't tell if it's supposed it be in front of the face, or to the side.

Good to see you too, Shade. The bit of hair to the far left, level with his face is supposed to be curling around towards the viewer, from farther away. Though, I didn't put much thought into that, really.
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by:
Please post sprites in their original resolution. Also, yeah, the hair could be different, considering it'd probably cover his face entirely if he was facing the other direction.
Thanked by:
Looks great! The animation is nice and smooth and the colors are easy to distinguish.

You could increase the brightness of the skin so it has higher contrast, or try mixing the dark colors, merging them so there's a dominant dark color rather than distinguished palettes, but that's up to you.
Thanked by: Bearded_Beast
along with the resolution and the skin mentioned in the previous posts, it looks kind of odd that his hands are perfect circles in pretty much all the frames but one - it makes the transition from standing to walking look kind of jumpy in that area. His hands in the still sprite look fine, though, so I'd keep closer to those as he moves.
Thanked by: Bearded_Beast