Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Quirby - Quirby64 (PLAYER)
Welp, here's Quirby. Updates : Whenever.

Quirby is a medium-fast, low defense character. His moves are mostly based around melee, stupidness, and the GBC, and can be done in quick sucession. ENJOY!

Out of 15 *s:
Health: ***
Attack: **
Defense: **
Speed: ***
Jump: ****

[Image: tfrquirbyidle_by_quirbstheepic-d7lzs3x.gif][Image: tfrquirbywalk_by_quirbstheepic-d7lzs45.gif][Image: tfrquirbywin_by_quirbstheepic-d7lzs3s.gif][Image: tfrquirbypunch1_by_quirbstheepic-d7mixic.gif][Image: tfrquirbypunch2_by_quirbstheepic-d7mixi8.gif][Image: tfrkick1_by_quirbstheepic-d7oynpp.gif][Image: tfrkick2_by_quirbstheepic-d7oynps.gif][Image: tfrgrapunch_by_quirbstheepic-d7oynpv.gif]

Full sheet :
[Image: tfrquirbylargenew2_by_quirbstheepic-d7q999f.png]
Stage (WIP) :
[Image: nesstage_by_quirbstheepic-d7lqar2.png]

Only somewhat stuffs need to be done.
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by: Paladin
Started on my helper, Cibby (From my Smackjeeves comic Kirbyware, Inc)
[Image: tfrquirby2_by_quirbstheepic-d7jzwvf.png]

Cibby, with a stupid face, falls from the top of the screen in the kick pose, then falls. After that, he gets back up and throws something from the comic.
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
(05-27-2014, 05:43 PM)Quirby64 Wrote: Started on my helper, Cibby (From my Smackjeeves comic Kirbyware, Inc)
[Image: tfrquirby2_by_quirbstheepic-d7jzwvf.png]

Cibby, with a stupid face, falls from the top of the screen in the kick pose, then falls. After that, he gets back up and throws something from the comic.

I guess I'm not the only one here who makes webcomics either.
I make webcomics. You can check it out if you want.

[Image: Thomas%20amp%20Zachary%20banner%202_zpsyzdyyste.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
sorry to tell you quirby, but your sprites arent really in style with the sprites.

its too simple (i might be wrong but eh). i also noticed youve been using the circle tool too. dont lie to me....

anyways, i whipped up an edit of the sprite to show what i mean

[Image: ngbsph.jpg]

its probably too detailed, so feel free to edit some shading on his body. you can also use this if you want! you should also organize your sprites in 64x64 boxes so things can be organized!

jesus christ, im so bad at explaining things...
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Err, not to sound like a jerk, but this doesn't really feel like an original character to me. It's just a white Kirby with Mario's hat on. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure it meets the design standards of the project itself. '_';
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
ahh yes, but we're also allowing a blue luigi, a green ghost, and a pickle green bullet.

tfr really isn't about if your character, it's about how you fit in this community. thats why we allow people like crappy and other simple designed characters.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
(05-27-2014, 10:40 PM)recme Wrote: ahh yes, but we're also allowing a blue luigi, a green ghost, and a pickle green bullet.

tfr really isn't about if your character, it's about how you fit in this community. thats why we allow people like crappy and other simple designed characters.
Simply designed characters, where did I say anything about that? And on the topic of Crappy Blue, he hasn't really posted much about his character TFR wise for a long while now (sorry if I missed something), but since then he's redesigned him and made him more than a blue Luigi, in my opinion. Maybe Quirby64 could also redesign his character to really make it his own. Just thinking out loud here, I guess if it's not a problem it's not a problem.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(05-27-2014, 10:55 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 10:40 PM)recme Wrote: ahh yes, but we're also allowing a blue luigi, a green ghost, and a pickle green bullet.

Simply designed characters, Where did I say anything about that? And on the topic of Crappy Blue, he hasn't really posted much about his character TFR wise for a long while now (sorry if I missed something), but since then he's redesigned him and made him more than a blue Luigi, in my opinion. Maybe Quirby64 could also redesign his character to really make it his own. Just thinking out loud here, I guess if it's not a problem it's not a problem.

You have a point. my character used to be a M&L SS Mario sprite with blue eyes and a cape. I changed it just for this game. (And quite frankly, I'm happy with it)
I make webcomics. You can check it out if you want.

[Image: Thomas%20amp%20Zachary%20banner%202_zpsyzdyyste.png]
Thanked by:
Just to stop all the hubbub about my char. not being too original, I have an Objection-ish thing.

The GBC. Why? Because he can get chars. from GB/C games and have them "pop" out of the screen (Look at Punch 2 and soon, other attacks for example).

Also recme, I did a couple of sprites using a hat with less shading.
[Image: tfrquirby2_by_quirbstheepic-d7k3d7o.png]
Thanked by: recme
the punches definitely need more work, the motion blur is kind of improperly done, i'll make some edits to show you what i mean in a bit, but right now they kind of awkward, not how a real punch should look, if that makes sense, well, i'll put that edit in when i'm done

here you go,

[Image: QTUKLEO.gif]
[Image: summary-bbad004172a3ffceaf4a2064ce34344d.png]
I've getting a strong comically/nonserious vibe off Quirby, yet it doesn't show in the animations. How about building on that along with loads of exaggeration? Quirby should be squashing and stretching all over the place, yet I see stiff, rigid animations where his volume remains the same. Omni, your edit is nice, but it doesn't look 'In character'.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Added a stupid M. Moe, Backwards jump + walk.

I do want Quirby to be comical, but I don't really want him too stretch too much or on all of the attacks. ^^
Thanked by:
Aren't you better off using proper Gameboy graphics for the punches? Unless I'm mistaken that's a Super Mario Bros. (NES) sprite.
I agree with TheShyGuy: your character could potentially be a lot more humorous, may it be in the animation, the expression, the pose... the ball's rolling. :B
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Quirby64
(05-30-2014, 08:11 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Aren't you better off using proper Gameboy graphics for the punches? Unless I'm mistaken that's a Super Mario Bros. (NES) sprite.
I agree with TheShyGuy: your character could potentially be a lot more humorous, may it be in the animation, the expression, the pose... the ball's rolling. :B

Actually, it's supposed to represent Super Mario Bros. DX/Deluxe.

....And I think I just thought of a way to make him more humorous. Big Grin

EDIT : Alright, actually made some things funny. Some. Tongue
Thanked by:
I'm pretty sure your midnight moe is supposed to represent a character from an anime, and not just be a sort-of girl-ish form of your character. I'd recommend maybe somebody from Kirby: Right Back At Ya! or something.
Thanked by: E-Man, psychospacecow