Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Fighter's Resource [Program] (Updated 4/26/17)
Spritalities are a quarter circle back, then immediately press forward and then throw.

The parallax problem I'm still figuring out, it's more trial and error than it should be. Sad
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Wow, C2B's spritality was cool!! I'll try some others out!

Good luck with that Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Also, when you said projectiles couldn't be avoided, is it the attacks getting stuck on players? I might have a solution to that that I didn't before.

Also, as for reflecting projectiles, I may have finally figureod out how to do it and including it as part of the "Backpedal" system. However, it is going to need a lot more work.

It's also possible to have certain attacks reflect projectiles away (Gilbert's hammer head comes to mind). However, the complicated thing comes into play here:

An attack overlapping another attack is called an "offset" in the program. There's options to get Projectiles to cancel each other out when they are offset, but the caveat is that ANY attack frame can cancel out a projectile as a result. I'm working hard on how to deal with it, but I'm close.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Say, I got a question. I'm tempted to make my newer version of Benny into a few sprites, but he's kind of a big character. How large are the character sprites allowed to be?
Thanked by:
Here's the two most important posts about guidelines:

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25044.html

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25064.html

The general idea is to make a character that fits well in a 64 x 64 box.
Thanked by:
From what I've read, it sounds like a gigantic ten-foot long rat might be better off as an assist or a background character.
Thanked by:
I'd start by spriting something and seeing how it looks. If it's oversized, it would probably be better as a background character or an assist.
Thanked by: