Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MS-Dos/PC Fighting Game Characters
Posting something about sheet organisation.

[Image: 4ZXju.jpg]

On the left, there's a down-scaled version of the last sheet where I marked large blank space at one side of the sheet that could've easily been cut, the credit tag could have easily been moved to the left.
On the right, I marked some gaps between your sprites that illustrate their irregularity. Some of them are quite large, too, and could be easily condensed. It's also visible that the sprites aren't aligned to anything, but rather randomly placed into their rows, I could image that would make it harder to animate them properly.
To bring it to a point, the gaps could easily be smaller without making it harder to cut the individual frames at all (besides there's programs for these tasks, too, like this one so even gaps of only one or two pixels would suffice, though about 8 to 16 should be fine, too).

I noticed you often put the mugshots on there in 2x resolution, is there a specific reason why they can't be at 1x pixel size?

Not saying it's a huge issue but I heard it'd be more appreciated if you could reduce some of the blank space.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Ok again:

The main reason I'am ripping them is that someone or myself could convert those to mugen.
An while creating the SFF file I need to get every singel frame of the Sheet and save each as one file.
My workflow is the following, I dublicate the Spritesheet to a new Layer in Photoshop and remove the Backgroundcolor on this dublicated sheet layer.
I do that because I want each frame cropped to its own size. If I put the selection frame around a frame to copy it in an extra pic I directly got the right size since the backgroundcolor was transparent.
This is the reason there are more spaces between the sprites so I don't have to mark them 100% like the size of the sprite, I can just roughly put the selection square around, but still get the right size.
This saves a lot of time for me.

Concerning the 2x mugshots, in some of the sourcegames, the 1x would be to small for the default mugen big portrait.

I hope you can fallow what I tried to say, since I'am German and English isnt my motherlanguage, so I wasnt easy to explain something like this.

But I'll try to do better with saving spaces like the right border you marked on the last sheet
Thanked by:
Well the only reason that we mention this is because when we upload your sheets we'd have to cut the space ourselves to be better for TSR, since not only does it look less professional, it also makes the sheet's size bigger. Not trying to pressure you, we would just appreciate if you would make neater copies of the sheets for TSR so we wouldn't have to fix them ourselves which takes time.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Okay then please tell me wich sheets I have to improve in this thread + in the Martial Champion Threa in the Arcade Submission Board. Then I will try to make them look better before I'll release the next ones.
Thanked by:
- Resize the portraits to normal size instead of this ugly 2x (like I did in your Martial Champions thread).
- Look for gaps between the rows and close them (end and beginning of the sheets are also concerned)
- Also nice:
http://spriters-resource.com/ds/dbzsuper...heet/46027
Black vertical lines between single animations. This makes the sheets smaller and keeps the overview.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
So I've updated the Sheets of Invincible, so they don't look like a total mess anymore. I would say they are ready for an upload or not?

[Image: fbd9cd1247invincible_icon.png]

[Image: eb1b49186fmercator.png]
[Image: 96a9191479invincible_ri_seong_ir_icon.png]
Thanked by: Ton
+ I've added another char from this game:
Hirakao Tadashi:
[Image: bb8bbc7dd1hirakao_tadashi.png]
Thanked by:
Allison:
[Image: ea35617880allison.png]
Thanked by:
These sheets are perfect now =D

Good job =)
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Up!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanks!

Here a new one from another Game

The Great Fighter
[Image: a693a5f612the_great_fighter.png]

Osborn:
[Image: 39392064a3osborn.png]
These are looking so much better, thanks for adjusting them to suit the site. By the way uploaded that. Big Grin
Thanked by: Ton
Updated Osborn (2 Mugshuts where missing)
Osborn:
[Image: 39392064a3osborn.png]
Added 3 more chars from the same Game:

Dennis:
[Image: 52b20a324cdennis_icon.png]
Hassarn:
[Image: 27f2caf76bhassarn_icon.png]
Piotobich:
[Image: 9fb84d5842piotobich_icon.png]
Got them~