Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[trash-split] Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
(07-12-2012, 04:37 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote: you'll never lose over 99 lives. There's no way.

Then you don't need 999, simple as that.
(07-12-2012, 04:46 PM)Hoeloe Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 04:37 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote: you'll never lose over 99 lives. There's no way.

Tell that to Nintendo.
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 04:51 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote:

Tell that to Nintendo.

because we should base all games off of nintendo's games
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 04:52 PM)alexmach1 Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 04:51 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote:

Tell that to Nintendo.

because we should base all games off of nintendo's games
The point of a fangame is to base it off of an official game. In our attempt to keep the gameplay as true to the series as possible, Mario's maximum amount of lives is 999, although in recent titles his lives can exceed that.
Thanked by:
>Come to spriting forum
>Claim that graphics aren't a big part of the game and badly try to justify unfitting graphics.

I honestly don't really care much about the gameplay, I've seen a thousand Mario games and they all play and look the same in general. There are just so many out there that this is just a tiny spec on the entire spectrum, and it's not even that original to make it stand out from the others. The gameplay is good according to the previews and that doesn't surprise me one bit, so the least you could do is improve in the graphics department and at least try. You act like recoloring things is a hard chore that requires effort.

So basically, these fit because they have the same palette
[Image: what.png]
(thanks pixeljoint)

Quote: Iceman404.
What the actual fuck did this imply
Why are you taking this personally

Quote:We DON'T have enough people to satisfy everyone's critique about clouds, and everything not coming in the same style which isn't even an issue,
welp

Quote:Now this brings up can you make better graphics than Nintendo did when it was first released?
Nintendo's original sprites were pretty bad to be honest. It's not very hard at all.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
(07-12-2012, 05:06 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: >Come to spriting forum
>Claim that graphics aren't a big part of the game and badly try to justify unfitting graphics.

I honestly don't really care much about the gameplay, I've seen a thousand Mario games and they all play and look the same in general. There are just so many out there that this is just a tiny spec on the entire spectrum, and it's not even that original to make it stand out from the others. The gameplay is good according to the previews and that doesn't surprise me one bit, so the least you could do is improve in the graphics department and at least try. You act like recoloring things is a hard chore that requires effort.

(thanks pixeljoint)

Quote:We DON'T have enough people to satisfy everyone's critique about clouds, and everything not coming in the same style which isn't even an issue,
welp

Quote:Now this brings up can you make better graphics than Nintendo did when it was first released?
Nintendo's original sprites were pretty bad to be honest. It's not very hard at all.

If you think the graphics we have are so bad, why not YOU make graphics then, we have been implying this ever since you got mad at us just because we unintentionally took some Sonic sprites? Now that's childish to be honest.

You can make better sprites if you actually took the time to settle down on the ASE Reactor and confront with us on what sprites you need, but since you're here constantly talking about how crappy the graphics look I don't see what chance we have in better graphics.

As for this being a spriting forum, good point, but, this is the Gaming Development section and IDK if good graphics imply in this area.

Also, why do you have to swear in order to prove your point dude? We're taking this personally because again, that incident with the Sonic sprites unintentionally being stolen.
My name is Mikeystar, I am the co-founder of Super Mario: All-Star Attack!, a Mario fangame started by me and ~CaMtEnDo~ in the year of 2010.

Wink

The Super Mario World ASE Reactor! Join Today!
http://s4.zetaboards.com/SMWASE_Reactor/index

The Super Mario All-Star Attack demo is out! Play Now!
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27416.html

The All-Star Attack YouTube Playlist is here, see it on this link:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3hxsct...VO&index=5]
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 05:06 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: >Come to spriting forum

[Image: what.png]
(thanks pixeljoint)

welp

Lemme send you a PM.
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 05:14 PM)Mikeystar Wrote: If you think the graphics we have are so bad, why not YOU make graphics then,
no, I don't feel like contributing to yet another Mario fangame in the 50 pound bag of grains.

Quote:we have been implying this ever since you got mad at us just because we unintentionally took some Sonic sprites? Now that's childish to be honest.
Getting mad at sprite theft is childish? Oh wow, I knew this was personal. Those old things looked awful anyways, I don't really care. Actually, bringing a grudge from a previous forum is what's childish, I vaguely remember you is what's hilarious

Quote:You can make better sprites if you actually took the time to settle down on the ASE Reactor and confront with us on what sprites you need, but since you're here constantly talking about how crappy the graphics look I don't see what chance we have in better graphics.
You have

CAMTENDO

and he is NOT a bad one.

Quote:As for this being a spriting forum, good point, but, this is the Gaming Development section and IDK if good graphics imply in this area.
they don't, but it's the same audience you're looking at
Thanked by:
Okay now everyone calm down again. This forum is no place to argue.

Noone attacked you folks, so chill down and relax. No need to feel insulted just because it is Iceman404. No need to bear a grudge for something that happened years ago. That's ridiculous, if you ask me.

By the way, please reafrain from quoting large chunks of texts when it is not necessary. Also, don't post things like "I'll send you a PM", that doesn't belong into a topic. Thanks.

So, stop arguing and take your personal issues elswhere. Thanks.
Thanked by: Iceman404, Zadaben, Maxpphire
(07-12-2012, 05:14 PM)Mikeystar Wrote: If you think the graphics we have are so bad, why not YOU make graphics then

this is literally the lowest form of rebuttal to criticism.

you do not have to be capable of making good pixel art to be allowed to criticize someone else's pixel art.

please try again.
Im sure that that post is soo fucking personal because of what I said about your fucking history huh? Anyways, if you dont care about gameplay, thats too bad, because gameplay is everything to a fangame. If you can't understand the importance of gameplay, why the hell are you coming to a fangaming topic and posting your thoughts on it?!

A top-notch Mario fangame in the works.
Thanked by:
Let's all quote big blocks with badly written one liners and further divert the topic into a personal shit hole!

Literally, the things I said could've come from anyone
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 04:51 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote: Tell that to Nintendo.

Just because Nintendo did something doesn't mean they were right to do it. Even if it is a fangame, you shouldn't just blindly copy all the flawed design choices they made (also 99 was the limit in a lot of Mario games, including most of the 2D ones, I believe).

It's like saying if you made a Sonic Adventure fangame you should intentionally put in a really awful camera because hey, that's what Sega did.

Your attitude has been getting worse and worse throughout this thread. I'm not really inclined to help you now, and I fully expect this project to die a painful death because of your stubbornness.
Thanked by: Iceman404, Maxpphire
(07-12-2012, 05:29 PM)sspp03 Wrote:
Im sure that that post is soo fucking personal because of what I said about your fucking history huh? Anyways, if you dont care about gameplay, thats too bad, because gameplay is everything to a fangame.[/i]

S, shut up. I'm trying to avoid a flame war here, but this whole topic escalated very fast. And the more you post stuff like this, the more worried I get.
(07-12-2012, 05:34 PM)~CaMtEnDo~ Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 05:29 PM)sspp03 Wrote:
Im sure that that post is soo fucking personal because of what I said about your fucking history huh? Anyways, if you dont care about gameplay, thats too bad, because gameplay is everything to a fangame.[/i]

S, shut up. I'm trying to avoid a flame war here, but this whole topic escalated very fast. And the more you post stuff like this, the more worried I get.

I was only trying to help allieviate the situation.

A top-notch Mario fangame in the works.
Thanked by: