Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] How to rip PS2 models v.2
so this means that the model would be unfinished? hmmm the promblem for me was the fact when i tied too ripped his model out nothing gets ripped not textures, no models just nothing.
Thanked by:
Are you sure you're following the tutorial exactly? Using PCSX2 9.8, holding shift when you press f8?
Another cause could be that you are not using the the DX9 settings on the video plugin or that you have texmod or PCSX2 installed in your ProgramFiles folder.
[Image: E1wErXC.png]
Thanked by:
No pressure intended, but will there be a tutorial on how to combine different views for the models with backface culling?
Thanked by:
(12-04-2013, 10:12 PM)SmashFan127 Wrote: No pressure intended, but will there be a tutorial on how to combine different views for the models with backface culling?

I can't write a tutorial for that because it's just snapping ripping different angles of the character and meshing them together like a puzzle.
Every game is different on how they render objects so even if I could it would only work for the game i used in the tutorial.
Thanked by:
(12-04-2013, 08:31 PM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote: Are you sure you're following the tutorial exactly? Using PCSX2 9.8, holding shift when you press f8?
Another cause could be that you are not using the the DX9 settings on the video plugin or that you have texmod or PCSX2 installed in your ProgramFiles folder.
i always check before i try ripping but nothing comes out all the settings the same and what not is any signal when i use textmod or perhaps it's more of an error on my behave
Thanked by:
I happened across this tutorial and dabbled a little bit with ripping from Devil May Cry to see what I could do. The instructions were easy to follow, but those models were a massive pain to deal with though (backface culling, coupled with scaling and skewing issues due to the camera angles...) so I'm attempting DMC3: SE instead.

Now I've stumbled into a different problem - any rips I make in this game create an object that is flat. I read somewhere that scaling can help so I've tried scaling that axis in Blender (cus' I'm cheap Wink) but with no success (my thoughts are that apparently scaling too far in one axis in Blender overflows that scaling in to the next axis, considering it decides to change from depth scaling to height scaling with a large enough factor, but I wouldn't know).

Any opinions on how to figure this out would be great.

EDIT: Just tested this out.. As an addition helper, doors in this series don't animate to open, so it would either load up the new room or teleport you there when you go through a door. I would think the latter is the case in this game, and that backface culling probably isn't in effect here, seeing as moving to a different room on the same floor/mission and screenshotting it produces the same object proven in a side-by-side comparison.

Somehow though, even though the first room is much larger when viewed in the game (think the difference between a stadium and the average house), the second room I scrnshotted produced a file 2.5MB bigger than the first room. And it may be a hunch, but it looks as if all the rooms are loaded in the same object file and all mashed together into a flat, indistinguishable mess, so how that extra 2.5MB came about I don't know.

EDIT AGAIN - I'm an idiot. After some exploration and playing about with camera clipping distance, I've discovered that it's rendered the HUD as a flat object and the level map was hidden behind the draw distance of Blender's camera. Not a flat level at all, but there's horrendous perspective skewing. >.<
Thanked by:
Hi Smile
I have problem.. I make everything step by step but I haven't got obj file. I have bmp and gs. Could You help me?

EDIT: OK I Find Smile hurray but now I have another problem. When I import in 3ds max i get communication:
vertex coordinate too big
adjust object-scale
Thanked by:
(12-04-2013, 04:22 AM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote: Sorry, I haven't been keeping this up to date.

Actually back face culling is different than what you described.
What you may be talking about is the game having no z-buffer making models flat when ripped.

Back face culling is when only visible polys are rendered, meaning if you ripped a scene with the character facing forward his back would not be ripped.
this is so that the game saves memory rendering things.

games I know of that do this so far, are
Kingdoms hearts 1,2 and Re:CoM
and Wild arms 3.
Better add Katamari Damacy to that. I just got a major bum-out while trying to rip the prince.
So, like totally.
Thanked by:
i am trying to rip Altered Beast and I got the textures and the .obj files fine, but when I import the .obj file, the model is so stretched, it looks like an arrow! I don't know where to start (if any) to fix this.

I completely followed your steps, but it always comes out stretched! what happened to my model and how can I fix this?
Thanked by:
Sounds like the filed of view is quite extreme.
"Mah boi, blood is what true vampires strive for!" - Dracula
[Image: 23gasdz]
Thanked by:
(02-18-2014, 08:05 PM)kironohasama Wrote: Sounds like the filed of view is quite extreme.

so, what can I do? is the scene there?

here's the screenshot (I loaded it in DAZ Studio Pro):

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc36..._scene.png
Thanked by:
(02-19-2014, 11:53 AM)scoobydude51 Wrote: so, what can I do? is the scene there?

sounds like you didn't follow all my steps.
You need to select everything and scale it down from it's y-axis.
Thanked by:
(02-19-2014, 12:33 PM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 11:53 AM)scoobydude51 Wrote: so, what can I do? is the scene there?

oh. didn't see those steps. the steps are too cluttered a bit. thanks for telling me.
Thanked by:
Which is proportion of x,y,z? 1,?,1
Thanked by:
(02-19-2014, 05:13 PM)scoobydude51 Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 12:33 PM)o0DemonBoy0o Wrote:

oh. didn't see those steps. the steps are too cluttered a bit. thanks for telling me.

ok now. where and how do you scale just the y axis? I am kind of new to 3ds max.
Thanked by: