Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gaming Lounge
I think he means he's waiting for it to actually happen, but it has not happened yet.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
I really hope the Mario VS DK franchise is dead. I fear they may announce a new lazy lemmings game.

I can hardly wait for an announcement on the PlayStation IV.
Thanked by:
(05-25-2012, 05:52 AM)Koopaul Wrote: I really hope the Mario VS DK franchise is dead. I fear they may announce a new lazy lemmings game.

Played the first, was acceptable. Never played the second but it looks exactly the same, in two screens. So I agree.

(05-25-2012, 06:37 AM)LDEJRuff Wrote: I can hardly wait for an announcement on the PlayStation IV.

Judging on how long the break between the PS2 and PS3 was, I'd say that's not gonna happen for a while. They'll probably release a number of various peripherals first.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I'm happy with this gen, next gen can wait a few years yet.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
this gen sucks really hard

I just want the Wii U version of Arkham City with a ridiculous amount of new costumes and content
Thanked by:
(05-23-2012, 09:39 PM)Jawnsunn Wrote: DREAMCAST TWOOOOOO!!!
I'M WAITING SOOO HARD.
you'll be waiting for quite a while longer, son
Thanked by: Helmo, Maxpphire, Marth, Garamonde, TGE
even if sega made another console who says it would be called dreamcast 2
Thanked by:
It's called being humorous, christ who took a dump in your shoes this morning?

And how does this Gen suck? Bioshock, Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Batman, Journey, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, Gears, Saints Row, Nintendo first-party games - all great. And with how Microsoft seems to be ejaculating on Kinects I'm rather scared what the next Xbox will be. The PS4 will probably just be a higher graphics more power mc jiggy and Nintendo will release there usual madness. Now that limitations don't exist too much for gameplay it's not like future generations are needed to create new and exciting games.

Your reason for wanting the Wii U is for a port of a game which has been out for a good while? That has to be stupidest reason for wanting a console. I mean that's like wanting a 3DS for the Rayman 2 remake. Madness!
Thanked by:
(05-26-2012, 04:25 PM)Goemar Wrote: It's called being humorous, christ who took a dump in your shoes this morning?

And how does this Gen suck? Bioshock, Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Batman, Journey, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, God of War, Gears, Saints Row, Nintendo first-party games - all great. And with how Microsoft seems to be ejaculating on Kinects I'm rather scared what the next Xbox will be. The PS4 will probably just be a higher graphics more power mc jiggy and Nintendo will release there usual madness. Now that limitations don't exist too much for gameplay it's not like future generations are needed to create new and exciting games.

Your reason for wanting the Wii U is for a port of a game which has been out for a good while? That has to be stupidest reason for wanting a console. I mean that's like wanting a 3DS for the Rayman 2 remake. Madness!

none of those were very good except nintendo
Thanked by: Kitsu, Garamonde
Honestly I want the Wii U because I know that all my Nintendo titles will be on it from now. Simple as that.

Thanked by:
(05-26-2012, 04:25 PM)Goemar Wrote: It's called being humorous, christ who took a dump in your shoes this morning?
what

(05-26-2012, 04:25 PM)Goemar Wrote: Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Resistance, God of War
no
Thanked by: Kitsu, Garamonde
(05-26-2012, 05:19 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(05-26-2012, 04:25 PM)Goemar Wrote: Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Resistance, God of War
no
CALL THE OPINION POLICE! WEE WOO WEE WOO.

I agree with you, but they're majorly popular titles.
And Uncharted is a fucking brilliant series imo, so I agree with that.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: recme, Koopaul
oh man I actually didn't mean to include Uncharted in that Sad
Thanked by: Rosencrantz, Maxpphire
I felt pretty let down by Uncharted 3, but that's a topic for a whole over place. (+ Resistance 3 is awesome, which annoys me as they make the first good resistance game and then Insomniac abandons the series).

My point is that there has been many "universally" praised games this gen. And numerous good new franchises (like Dead Space). To just dismiss them all saying "only Nintendo is good" (even though Batman was on that list and Batman is apparently the reason to be excited for a Wii U) is just madness. I don't want to fork over for a new xbox and/or ps4 any time soon. This gen is fine. The next gen won't magically bring better games.

And if your saying the next gen is needed to bring more realistic character into games (which as a Nintendo guy I'm pretty sure your aren't but anyway...) have you not seen the Kara tech-demo? Sure Heavenly Rain's quality is something people disagree on but the capturing of human emotion in that tech demo is awesome. We don't need a next gen yet, if you want next gen now buy a PC - sure you get more eye candy but it won't bring you anything new.

I'm also dubious about the Wii U. I mean did Nintendo really push the Wii-mote? All the best games either don't use it, use it to perform one certain thing or use it as a sword (ignoring light-gun usage and as a second analogue because that isn't really something that couldn't be done on something else). I'm not saying that Wii games are bad (because they're not) but I hardly feel the Wii-mote changed the way I played games, it just took getting used to. Sure Wii-Bowling was "the shit" when it came around but for your more "game" games the Wii-mote was just a different controller, one I could have happily swapped for a Dual Shock 3 and not lost any of the experience. It wasn't like the DS where 2 screens and a stylus made playing certain games on anything else impossible or extremely un-fun. And the more I think about it the more I can just see the Wii U being like a DS but with the top screen being my TV. Which yeah is cool, but I already have a DS.
Thanked by: