Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
butts
i dont really get whats so wrong about being right. and arguing is good because otherwise people would just be wrong forever and not know any better.

(09-04-2011, 07:07 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: Are there actually any users here who have comprehension skills above those of a cantaloupe? Seriously.

did you just call me a cantaloupe
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 03:00 PM)Arkinea Wrote: i dont really get whats so wrong about being right. and arguing is good because otherwise people would just be wrong forever and not know any better.

(09-04-2011, 07:07 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: Are there actually any users here who have comprehension skills above those of a cantaloupe? Seriously.

did you just call me a cantaloupe

Not everything is worth starting a fight over, which 95% of the stuff that gets argued about here endlessly doesn't need to be argued about.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
tsr
where people will start arguments over whether or not other people are starting arguments
shine on, you crazy diamonds
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 03:50 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: tsr
where people will start arguments over whether or not other people are starting arguments
shine on, you crazy diamonds

Smile Whatever you say. Pink Floyd, nice, I would've gone with Kvelertak.
ODIN SOMETHING, SOMETHING MJOOOOOOOD, SOMETHING MJOOOOOOOD, SOMETHING IN NORWEGIAN.
Thanked by:
If you guys don't see the problem with making the atmosphere overwhelmingly pretentious and unwelcoming on a forum then you're missing the point of having a forum. When people got jumped on for being stupid it used to be funny. Now it's just tedious. You guys aren't promoting understanding at all, you're just yelling at people and pulling out sarcasm because it's what you like to do. And don't tell me that it's not, because you guys spend every day in skrew doing just that: making fun of stupid people for fun. Nobody wants to hear your negative blabbering over nothing. At this point it's just trivial. Nobody's going to want to learn tolerance and understanding from intolerant people, so don't delude yourselves into thinking that bettering people is your primary motivation. You're just taking your frustrations out on people. Sometimes, it's somewhat justified. Sexism? Pretty serious topic, okay, you can get angry. Sometimes, it's somewhat justified but gets out of hand. Male Gaze thread, both sides got out of control. Sometimes, it's just stupid. Koopaul doesn't like getting farmville notifications? Who cares, really?

Maybe you guys could give me enough respect to consider what I'm saying, though respect seems a difficult concept for you. Oh, but I'm just "oh guys why can't you be nice!!!" Except I'm not. I'm saying that the balance between being reasonable and being a jerk for no reason is tipped towards the latter. I like it when tsr jabs at people. I don't like it when it endlessly jabs at people for stupid things for stupid lengths of time at every opportunity. It's annoying. Nobody wants to stay in a place filled with constant bickering. In fact, you guys are always complaining about how much you hate it, so I don't see why you don't just, y'know

leave

instead of spreading your hatred of it around the board.

Yes, I'm going to start an argument over whether or not you should be arguing because it's something that's been going on for awhile and it affects the forum as a whole. It's a problem that falls under reasonable things to discuss.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(09-04-2011, 04:59 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: If you guys don't see the problem with making the atmosphere overwhelmingly pretentious and unwelcoming on a forum then you're missing the point of having a forum. When people got jumped on for being stupid it used to be funny. Now it's just tedious. You guys aren't promoting understanding at all, you're just yelling at people and pulling out sarcasm because it's what you like to do. And don't tell me that it's not, because you guys spend every day in skrew doing just that: making fun of stupid people for fun. Nobody wants to hear your negative blabbering over nothing. At this point it's just trivial. Nobody's going to want to learn tolerance and understanding from intolerant people, so don't delude yourselves into thinking that bettering people is your primary motivation. You're just taking your frustrations out on people. Sometimes, it's somewhat justified. Sexism? Pretty serious topic, okay, you can get angry. Sometimes, it's somewhat justified but gets out of hand. Male Gaze thread, both sides got out of control. Sometimes, it's just stupid. Koopaul doesn't like getting farmville notifications? Who cares, really?

Maybe you guys could give me enough respect to consider what I'm saying, though respect seems a difficult concept for you. Oh, but I'm just "oh guys why can't you be nice!!!" Except I'm not. I'm saying that the balance between being reasonable and being a jerk for no reason is tipped towards the latter. I like it when tsr jabs at people. I don't like it when it endlessly jabs at people for stupid things for stupid lengths of time at every opportunity. It's annoying. Nobody wants to stay in a place filled with constant bickering. In fact, you guys are always complaining about how much you hate it, so I don't see why you don't just, y'know

leave

Yes, I'm going to start an argument over whether or not you should be arguing because it's something that's been going on for awhile and it affects the forum as a whole. It's a problem that falls under reasonable things to discuss.

THANK YOU. If I had the ability quintuple post, I would do it over and over and over. This is what I'd say if I could keep a cool head.
Thanked by:
Am I the only one who noticed that the ones causing all the problems on a forum about spriting are the people that don't sprite

Edit- if it wasn't already obvious, I fully endorse starsock's post
I had been planning to make a similar post but much more full of rage but it looks like she beat me to it
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 05:10 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Am I the only one who noticed that the ones causing all the problems on a forum about spriting are the people that don't sprite

this forum is about spriting?
Thanked by:
The sole purpose of this board isn't spriting. On Dream Theater Forums, another forum I frequent, we have a board for Dream Theater, and a board for ALL the other music, and general things in life one likes to discuss. Forums have many aspects and purposes, beyond the original idea it was created upon.
EDIT: You and I both Viper, I was on the verge of a venom filled chalice of rage. Haha
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 04:59 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: If you guys don't see the problem with making the atmosphere overwhelmingly pretentious and unwelcoming on a forum then you're missing the point of having a forum. When people got jumped on for being stupid it used to be funny. Now it's just tedious. You guys aren't promoting understanding at all, you're just yelling at people and pulling out sarcasm because it's what you like to do. And don't tell me that it's not, because you guys spend every day in skrew doing just that: making fun of stupid people for fun. Nobody wants to hear your negative blabbering over nothing. At this point it's just trivial. Nobody's going to want to learn tolerance and understanding from intolerant people, so don't delude yourselves into thinking that bettering people is your primary motivation. You're just taking your frustrations out on people. Sometimes, it's somewhat justified. Sexism? Pretty serious topic, okay, you can get angry. Sometimes, it's somewhat justified but gets out of hand. Male Gaze thread, both sides got out of control. Sometimes, it's just stupid. Koopaul doesn't like getting farmville notifications? Who cares, really?

leave

i don't think the bickering is too much though
Thanked by:
We wouldn't have a problem here if people wouldn't keep acting like being asked to substantiate their views was some kind of personal attack. That's just how discussions work. I'm literally incapable of seeing how this is at odds with the point of a forum.

[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 05:28 PM)Arkinea Wrote:

leave

Every topic outside of the Real Life thread almost always ends up in stupid debates.
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 05:31 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote:
(09-04-2011, 05:28 PM)Arkinea Wrote:

leave

Every topic outside of the Real Life thread almost always ends up in stupid debates.

unless there are debates going on outside of Other Stuff and News that i don't know about, i really think they arent a big deal at all, definitely not the big deal its being made out to be here.
Thanked by:
(09-04-2011, 05:30 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: We wouldn't have a problem here if people wouldn't keep acting like being asked to substantiate their views was some kind of personal attack. That's just how discussions work. I'm literally incapable of seeing how this is at odds with the point of a forum.

well, technically no, there's nothing wrong with that

Quote:It isn't because he's anti-conformist, it's because he's dumb~

there's something wrong with this
Thanked by:
Except the part where it makes everybody miserable right
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: