Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Why has TSR apparently 'turned to shit?'
(09-06-2010, 11:36 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: why do you give a shit about Spamhaul being gone?

what are you talking about when did i say i gave a shit about spamhaul at all

(09-06-2010, 02:18 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: "the people who complain about these things are the worst"
"watch me complain literally nonstop"
-vipershark and keychain, 2010

/JUST SAYIN/

who's complaining i just asked a question
Thanked by:
About every single good member that comes on we get about 20 other members who can't even read the rules, and in some circumstances about 2-5 members that become unbearably bad in terms of character, one of them possibly going to hold a grudge against us and start shit up once they are banned.

We can be nice people, we aren't some hate machine causing shit for everybody. Problem is that some members have their heads up their own asses. And no one likes someone with their head up their ass.

Edit:
(09-06-2010, 02:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Yes, that is true. However, if the community as a whole has this bad aura of insults and sarcasm and irony, people... aren't going to join. Or they'll leave because they're not comfortable with the community.

It's about expansion and professionalism.
My only question to this is, if some of those members can't get used to us for whatever reason, then why didn't they lurk around to see what we like and what we don't like

there over 1000 communities in the world and each has it's own wants and hates, we aren't an exception. If someone wants to join a community they have to go with the flow with that community so they can help us. Which means lurking and learning, and even going through trial and error.. It's boring for sure but it could at least help the common person that does come on here.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Baegal
(09-06-2010, 02:35 PM)Keychain Wrote: what are you talking about when did i say i gave a shit about spamhaul at all
was talking to the shark, actually
Thanked by: Keychain
oh, my bad

should've quoted him or something Sad
Thanked by:
After two years of "being on the outside looking in" the only thing that ever bothered me was the treatment of regular members and that wasn't even a frequent thing. I really like that stupid people are rushed out. If the staff wants to push for more positive vibes and more tolerance I'll support it but I don't really want to let dumb people in either. I can see being nicer to already-established members being a valid point, and I can see the logic in getting rid of spamhaul (but are threads like "well quakers" even allowed in GD?). I just hope the high standards this place has can maintain a healthy balance.

~~my two cents~~
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
tl;dr

"welp where's my toilet someone removed it and I need to take a dump badly"

I posted quite a lot there, and I got some good laughs from it. But I really don't care about Spamhaul that anymore, since all the threads I used to frequent are in GD now
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Baegal, Chris2Balls [:B]
(09-06-2010, 02:38 PM)masterofdioga Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 02:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Yes, that is true. However, if the community as a whole has this bad aura of insults and sarcasm and irony, people... aren't going to join. Or they'll leave because they're not comfortable with the community.

My only question to this is, if some of those members can't get used to us for whatever reason, then why didn't they lurk around to see what we like and what we don't like

there over 1000 communities in the world and each has it's own wants and hates, we aren't an exception. If someone wants to join a community they have to go with the flow with that community so they can help us. Which means lurking and learning, and even going through trial and error.. It's boring for sure but it could at least help the common person that does come on here.
Nobody wants to lurk or be associated with a hateful community.
Thanked by: Ton, Maxpphire, Iceman404
(09-06-2010, 03:04 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:

that's exactly where the problem lies

if no one is willing to lurk around here, then my question is how can we help them to ease that problem? If we made a thread about it no one is going to read it because of the fact people can't get common sense in their own heads.

It's ether one way or the other just to get used to this place, we don't have another way besides lurking for newbies to use to their own advantage.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-06-2010, 03:10 PM)masterofdioga Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 03:04 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:

that's exactly where the problem lies

if no one is willing to lurk around here, then my question is how can we help them to ease that problem? If we made a thread about it no one is going to read it because of the fact people can't get common sense in their own heads.

It's ether one way or the other just to get used to this place, we don't have another way besides lurking for newbies to use to their own advantage.

Not insulting the hell out of new people who aren't used to the harsh environment yet is a start.
[Image: hero_oh_hero_banner_by_neoriceisgood-d5tjv2c.png]
My webcomic, Hero oh Hero. @ www.neorice.com
True, but that doesn't mean they won't always listen to us by being nice.

we have to get them to understand that we aren't here to be mean, there have been members that took things the wrong way
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I've looked over the art thread for a while, I feel like a lot of people are taking the "we're harsh so you learn faster" thing so far that they forget to even provide the actual advice.
[Image: hero_oh_hero_banner_by_neoriceisgood-d5tjv2c.png]
My webcomic, Hero oh Hero. @ www.neorice.com
Very true. I see more "Stop posting here" comments than "Your shading needs work." Telling someone not to post here is a good way to get them off on the wrong foot. They get defensive and do the "why are you guys such assholes?" thing, someone will come back with "because you need to get used to it." Then the person will either stick around and get ridiculed because of that first impression that we coaxed out of them, or they'll leave and tell people what a shitty community we are. Either way, it looks bad on us.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
This is probably a horrible thing to say but with certain personality types it's just really obvious that they're not going to change and integrate

For example Iceman's been one of those on-the-edge type members quite a few times, but he has a normal personality in my book.

Someone like Keoto who types in phone-speak and just really doesn't seem very bright is an easy target to get jumped on

I'm not saying this type of behavior should continue, I just mean I understand why it ever happened in the first place
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404
Yeah, Iceman in particular is on the receiving end of a lot of unwarranted hate. Koopaul gets it a lot too, and I really have to hand it to him. He's a trooper for sticking around so long in spite of it. I don't really get it.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
The atmosphere around TSR was much better back in 08'.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]