[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dark Arena Sprites.
Hello.

Could some kind soul rip the sprites from the 2002 GBA FPS, Dark Arena?

I already found the textures somewhere else, and i could get the sounds pretty easily, it's just the sprites i'm having trouble with.
Thanked by:
(01-23-2021, 08:39 AM)sergeirocks100 Wrote: Hello.

Could some kind soul rip the sprites from the 2002 GBA FPS, Dark Arena?

I already found the textures somewhere else, and i could get the sounds pretty easily, it's just the sprites i'm having trouble with.

It seems like the thread died, so i may as well show my own progress in trying to get my dirty little hands on Dark Arena's sprites.

After extracting the game palette with a GBA emulator, and messing around for a while in PixelDbg, i did manage to get to the textures:

[Image: Screenshot_296.png]

Again, rips of these already exist, so it doesn't matter to me too much.

I also found the palette colormap, which seems to be similar, but not the same, to the ones on Doom engine games:

[Image: Screenshot_297.png]

The sprites are incredibly garbled, but you can make them out:

[Image: Screenshot_301.png]

Just for fun, i stuck the Doom IWAD into PixelDbg too, and the sprites are garbled in a similar way, suggesting that Dark Arena's sprite format is also the same or similar to Doom's:

[Image: Screenshot_302.png]

I don't know where to go from here, considering i'm not experienced in this sort of thing, but i think it's promising.
Thanked by: