[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Small Raccoon Mario sheet rejected
My sheet for Small Raccoon Mario was rejected, and I came here to ask for more details, or what I could do to get my sprites accepted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
I cant personally comment on why they weren't accepted, but i can offer general advice.

I think they look okay at first glance, but upon zooming in, the tail seems more catlike than raccoon like. There are a lot of pointed ends, and some tails are just sticking straight out backwards and more like blocks. I think thickening them up by a pixel closer to the end might add a more raccoon like effect. The sheet itself is also quite small, i'm not familiar too much with modern mario but is there perhaps a way you could expand the sheet, perhaps add more custom poses?

That's all i can think off the top of my head, but hope it helps.
Thanked by: Sigma San
(09-11-2020, 09:41 PM)JewyB Wrote: I cant personally comment on why they weren't accepted, but i can offer general advice.

I think they look okay at first glance, but upon zooming in, the tail seems more catlike than raccoon like. There are a lot of pointed ends, and some tails are just sticking straight out backwards and more like blocks. I think thickening them up by a pixel closer to the end might add a more raccoon like effect. The sheet itself is also quite small, i'm not familiar too much with modern mario but is there perhaps a way you could expand the sheet, perhaps add more custom poses?

That's all i can think off the top of my head, but hope it helps.

I modeled the tail's positions after those of regular Raccoon Mario. There seem to be quite a few poses for regular Raccoon Mario where the tail is straight. Thickening them seems like a good idea, too, though. Thanks!
Thanked by: