[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripped some Gamecube Models. Don't know how to export as obj.
Tongue 
So I just used Dolphin to export all the files for Shrek 2 on the Gamecube.
I searched through the files and found a folder called "levels"
I want to extract the level for level 1 and put it in Blender.
The levels are in folders numbered 00 - 26. 00 must be Where are the pre-rendered logos are, though I don't know if that is in the same level as the title screen, so Level 1 may be in 01 or 02.
When I open up any levels I am greeted by more folders:
-cinema
-music
-npc
-voice
Below these folders are 4 things split up into a few files. The first 3, gameb, gameplay, and scene, have 3 files that have the extention of .def .gcs .ngc. The fouth item, sceneb, only has a .def and a .ngc file.
The folders Music and Voice aren't any use to me, so I'll just cover -cinema and -npc
-cinema contains .dsp .npb .cib files. The file names range from 01 to 08 and have 1 of each of those file extentions with that name
-npc contains more .dsp and .cib files, though the objects have random and wacky names. Lower down in the folder are .npb files that number from 01-97

I have no idea what any of these file types are, though .dsp sounds familiar. I would like to know what all the file names are for so hopefully I can be directed to getting the model and the textures for the level (though I think textures are in another folder, I can just use Dolphin to Rip them from the level anyways) I would also like to know what software I could use to view these models (or at least) export them to a file type Blender could use.
I know 3rd party games may use different files than normal Nintendo games, but hopefully there is a way.
Thanked by:
Try using Noesis model ripper it may help you to view models and also convert them to another format. Noesis has a pretty big library of what it can convert so that may be your best bet!
Thanked by: DabbitDaMips