[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rex Jailcat/Benny Miraj's sprites
Yeah, it never came up before, but I'm Rex the Jailcat from Sprite Database. I actually was kind of nervous about coming here since before I heard that the community here was a bit rotten. Still, this was a long time ago, so I decided to come here for sprite criticism. Honestly, the community here seems a lot nicer than I've heard.

Anyway, I have a lot of sprites at Sprite Database, but I should probably change the name on those sheets to avoid confusion. For now though, I had interest in a personal ripping project. I noticed that there are actually two ports of Fantasy Zone for the NES, and I wanted to rip sprites and stages from BOTH versions.

[Image: w6twr8.png]

So far, all I have is the first stage of the Tengen version, but I plan on ripping more.
Thanked by: sutinoer
Nice work! Always great to have more people who rip from NES!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
This looks great! Hope to see more!
Thanked by:
I got more.

The level from the Sunsoft version.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Level_1_Sunsoft_Version.jpg]

The enemies of level 1 from the Sunsoft version.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Level_1_Enemies_Sunsoft_Version.png]

The boss.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Boss_1_Sunsoft_Version.png]

And the boss from the Tengen version.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Boss_1_Tengen_Version.png]

I'll probably rip the enemies from Tengen's level 1 and the shop from the Tengen version next. I notice the shop from the Sunsoft version's already ripped, so I'll leave that alone.

By the way, I noticed an "Add sheet/game" function to the site that I never noticed before. I hear you guys used to just post them on the site.
Thanked by:
Level 2 from the Tengen version.

[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Level_2_Tengen_Version.jpg]

The second boss from the Sunsoft version.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Boss_2_Sunsoft_Version.png]
...and Tengen version.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Boss_2_Tengen_Version.png]

And Tengen enemies of level 1.
[Image: Fantasy_Zone_Level_1_Enemies_Tengen_Version.png]

If I'm supposed to submit these myself, I might wait till I ripped all of the enemies and bosses if I see there's not enough enemies per level to make separate sheets.
Thanked by: Pingus!, Ton