[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
El Mantador (PLAYER)
lemme just copypaste the other post i did

i did the idle
[Image: Q1RNKhN.gif]

and i did the walk forward
[Image: E6zA3cR.gif] believe me it looks fine if the character is actually moving
(he's scratching the ground to build up electric friction get it)

edit: also did the walk backwards
[Image: 918NqrU.gif]

here's the sheet
[Image: wuRNbBx.png]

there we go
so i have to baccalaureat coming up in 3 weeks so im focusing on that since its a very important exam
but after that ill update this somewhat regularly

edit i thought of a new character name tell me what you think
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Oh I didn't think we'd be making individual threads for the characters and etc.

that's a really good idea
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
El mantador is so good

I declare this name cannon
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
thanks, i knew you'd like it Cute

i can see quite a few people are browsing my thread so here's something to keep you guys on the edge of your seats

[Image: MZrkbuL.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Not jojo-like though, it looks plain creepy
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
May I suggest using a Stand as reference? I'm getting ghostly ripple vibes for some reason.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: psychospacecow
Ugly jojo faces I can remember are the Hanged Man (or rather his user with the two left or right hands or whatever), and the orangutan whose stand was Strength.
[Image: Hz63wyr.png]

so i tried to jojo-ify it more, before i got all your lovely comments
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
i dunno lex, if i was standing to fight someone, i wouldnt lean forward that much. make him stand a little upright
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
Much better, but I think your character should have that grin you had originally. Your call though
[Image: Gyro_smile.png]
[Image: jojo-dio1.jpg?w=620&h=348]
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
[Image: NbklmzU.png]

am i going overboard on the dithering or is this good
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
I'd say there's a bit too much but it's looking good
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Paladin, Baegal
Yeah, it looks good, but it makes the shading much smoother than on the other portraits.
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I can only talk for my own portrait, but I used the dithering to convey cross-hatching: if the cross-hatching is very fine, but light, then it wouldn't be black, but a lighter colour that would blend slightly - consider it sub-pixel cross-hatching. The size the dither patterns is an equivalent to the length and the interval of the cross-hatching.
I'd say the dithering in that case is more of an "inking" technique rather than a "colouring in" technique.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Baegal, Zadaben