[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Strange normal maps?
So I have some models I would like to upload but the normal maps look like this?

[Image: zSPwMH2.png]

Does anybody know how to convert/use them?
[Image: E1wErXC.png]
Thanked by:
Looks like it's missing its left-to-right/X channel. It's probably stored in the texture's alpha.

What's the method of exporting the textures? You might have the splice the data into a DDS file, export the alpha channel and then re-merge the colour channels as Alpha/Green/Blue to fix it.
Thanked by: o0DemonBoy0o
Thanks. it worked.

My next question would be what kind of maps these are

[Image: QkyntWP.png]
Thanked by:
That texture in particular has multiple greyscale maps for different functions. The red channel looks like a specular texture, and the blue appears to be an illumination texture. Green's empty, so I can't say what that's for.
Thanked by:
Meaning it's a specular and illumination map the last channel is probably unused.
[Image: 1471_Courage.jpg]
Thanked by:
Neat. Thanks guys, I was able to get everything I needed.
Thanked by:
Just a thought, too, but you should probably check to see if there's an alpha channel for that specular/illumination channel. It wouldn't be out of the question for them to use that for something else.
Thanked by: