[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shiny Pokemon Encounters
So have any of you guys ever been lucky enough to encounter and catch a shiny Pokemon?

So I was playing Black 2 today and I wanted to get a Claydol on my team. So only after a few encounters, I find a shiny Baltoy. I was all shaky and nervous because I was afraid my Sleep Powder would miss and then he would Self-Destruct (ya I'm such a nerd). So happy I caught it!

My other encounters were hatching a Shiny Tyrogue in Crystal, and finding a Shiny Golbat in Silver where I didn't have any Pokeballs to catch it with.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
I caught a shiny zubat like yesterday
that makes 4

a month or two ago I caught a shiny slowpoke and a shiny oddish

in white I caught a shiny deino

In gen pearl I caught a shiny medicham and hatched a shiny charizard

and before that many others

my first shiny encounter was an unown in silver, it fled
I also encountered a shiny pikachu in sapphire that fled
Thanked by:
Poochyena on Ruby, Unown on Gold (not HG), Magikarp on HG.
The biggest WTF encounter I had was when my friend let me borrow his Black for 10 minutes. All of a sudden, Shiny Golett. 10 minutes of Black, already a Shiny.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
wow a magikarp on hg
what an unfortunate shiny
Thanked by:
Oh boy

first shiny I encountered ( not counting Gyarados ) was a Shiny Ho-Oh on SS..AFTER ONLY 3 RESETS, I ran out of Pokeballs and it has been haunting me for years X I

I got a shiny Japanese Ditto afterwards

then I got Pokemon White, on April 14th 2011, I encountered a female shiny Mankey

everything shiny I got after that, is used with the Masuda Method, Events or received through trades

Tyranitar, Druddigon, Hydreigon, Dragonite and Venusaur-MM
Rhydon and Ditto- Trade
Raikou, Entei, and Suicune- Event
Primeape- Random Encounter
Gyarados-In-Game Event
[Image: THENEWSIGNATURE.png]
Thanked by:
My only two encounters with shiny Pokemon outside of the Gyarados in Gold and Silver were a Girafarig in Emerald, and a Starly in Diamond that I came across within an hour of first playing the game. I caught them both. c:
Thanked by:
Shiny Pidgey in Leafgreen, Shiny golbat in emerald(RIP, save corruption) Shiny Volbeet in Pearl, Red Gyrados in HG & SS, and I have no why but I had a shiny Raiku in Firered, And my most liked one was Dialga in my Diamond before it got corrupted.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
The Gyarados doesn't even count, so.
My first shiny... uhhh I don't remember, but I caught a shiny Hoothoot in Silver (but it was on an emulator so ugh), and the one shiny I regret the most is a Pidgeotto I had caught in Pearl some years ago.
Then last year, I for some reason idiodically started a new save not even thinking about all the stuff I had gotten with my cousin and thus lost my shiny Pidgeotto.
Otherwise... I don't remember any specific shinies.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I remember a shiny Lickitung a long time ago when I was much younger, along with several that you would get from the daycare in Crystal that had the increased chance. I remember missing out on both a Hoothoot and a Rattata before having poke balls, and a few moths ago I caught a golden caterpie.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Shiny limagma in emerald and shiny geodude i pearl
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
I'm just going to quote myself since my previous post pretty much covers it.

(09-16-2012, 09:35 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: Before I knew what Shiny pokemon were, I found a shiny Sneasel and OHKOed it with a critical hit.
I then mentioned the weird pink Sneasel that I had found to Zac and he told me it was super rare and that I should have caught it.

[Image: PjZpQ.gif]
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by:
(10-08-2012, 09:45 PM)Torch Wrote: Shiny limagma in emerald and shiny geodude i pearl

What's a Limagma?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
http://www.pokepedia.fr/index.php/Fichie...a-OHAS.png

Sorry, i might have said the name in french Shy

Yes the. versions of pokemon i have are in french

Found the name of ut in english its [b]Slugma[\b]
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
The only shiny I have ever encountered was a Geodude on that one route going away from Blackthorne in Silver (you can go there early though, iirc). And I didn't know what a Shiny was or how rare it was until later on and when I found out I was like "oh well just a Geodude."

How come the random number generators on some of you people's games like you way more?
Thanked by:
In all the hundreds of hours playing these Pokémon games

not a single shiny encounter.
Thanked by: