Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
What movie did you just watch?
Saw Paranorman like 3 hours ago.

I wouldn't say it was amazing, but I really did enjoy it.

I know the stop-motion is impressive, but I feel like it hurt the film a little bit, save orignality and craftsmanship. There were a few areas where the characters' hair would move around randomly which would kind of ruin the effect, but overall it was pretty impressive artistically. I do wonder how they did some effects; it has to be partially CGI in some way.

As for the story, I really liked it. It wasn't the most original concerning certain jokes and comic relief, but the story is beautifully crafted and sends a great message, not to mention the way they ended it was perfect.
I do think that some characters were a tad too exaggerated, though, which was kind of annoying (namely the Bully and dumb brother of Neil), but not so much that it ruined the movie.

Overall, I'd say 8/10 Smile
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
The Muppets (second time now).

Man, what a feel good film.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Phantom Killah, Ton
Grandma's Boy!
Thanked by:
Premium Rush

Guys you have to see this movie...It may not be the kind of thing you guys are used to see, since this one has spectacular bike stunts and has an amazing plot

Im serious you guys should watch it :p
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
(09-15-2012, 10:55 PM)TorchManiac Wrote: It may not be the kind of thing you guys are sued to see

I've never been sued to see a movie...

JUST WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING HERE

(Watched Garfield 2, looks more cliché every time.)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Gaia
Garfield 2? Man... that is bottom of the bucket stuff.

As for me, Thor and Avengers (yes again). This time with the family (hence watching Thor again as Avengers would probably make no sense without it).
Also watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (RETURNS, not Rises). Been waiting forever for this as it's my favourite Batman graphic novel... it wasn't amazing. If it's only in 2 parts they have left a LOT for part 2.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2012, 01:44 PM)Goemar Wrote: Garfield 2? Man... that is bottom of the bucket stuff.

It was on TV OK, I didn't actually buy the DVD or anything. Plus it wasn't just me watching.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Goemar
(09-22-2012, 01:44 PM)Goemar Wrote: Batman

You reminded me that I actually watched Batman Begins a week or so ago. For some reason I had no recollection of it (I don't remember whether I had seen it before or not, honestly) but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Scarecrow's role was ultimately a little underwhelming and Ras dying was out of the ordinary, but that's the Trilogy for ya I guess.

Also watched Antz again out of nostalgia. It's almost like a more mature Bugs Life, except... actually good!
Thanked by:
Batman Begins was so much better the second time I watched it. For some reason I just didn't like it the first time - which was pretty weird.

+ Antz is awesome but I have seen it far too many times now.
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
My Neighbor Totoro. So damn adorable.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
I watched Arrietty. What a twee film!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
My cousin forced me to watch a movie in russian that I couldn't even figure out what was going on, even though the visual was right in front of me. I tried to sneak away but she pays pretty damn good attention when she wants to, so now my foot hurts and I have a numb arm.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
Race to Witch Mountain. If I would have known it was that good, I would have watched it long before now xD
Thanked by:
Not really heard to much positive about it...

As for me:

MIB III - was better than than the second one and was good (not amazing by any means, but good) but the villian's interesting design just seemed so wasted. Like he might as well have been just a person with how little screen time he got.

Prometheus - which was excellent. A lot people I know said it wasn't amazing but well, I have no idea what they're on about - it was awesome.

Son of Ranbow - was OK. A good family film I guess but doubt I'll ever watch it again.
Thanked by:
The Love Guru was on TV. It was actually really funny, and not as vulgar as I'd expected.
Thanked by: