[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
3D Via problem.
So I started using 3D Via prtscrn and it works perfectly together with dolphin's texture dump which I didn't expect.
The reason why I prefer 3D Via is that it maps the textures correctly so you don't have to remap everything.

Now I have a small problem with the models in 3ds max.
As you can see, I had to make the ambient fully white to even see the model, or else it will be black.

On the other side, is when I render it. It's totally messy and things. I want to know how to fix it.

(Oh, and who can guess from which game this model is, gets a cookie Tongue)
Thanked by:
Ah, should be an easy fix. Apply a "Normals" modifier, which will automatically flip the normals of your model to the outside.
Thanked by:
That worked, thanks! Now I can start making the rips!
(05-18-2012, 04:48 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: Ah, should be an easy fix. Apply a "Normals" modifier, which will automatically flip the normals of your model to the outside.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Another problem~!

Help please Sad
Thanked by:
Are all the vertices welded before you unified the normals?
Thanked by:
I did that, and it worked a little bit. Some parts were still transparent. Here are the original files. The files are for Super Shadow, but his problem is the same.
(05-19-2012, 06:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Are all the vertices welded before you unified the normals?
Thanked by:
I will take a look.
Thanked by:
In this case unfortunately half of the model have a corrupted uvmap, so 3dsmax and other 3d app can view the textures correctly.
The black areas are the mesh without a uvmap:
[Image: test1ia.jpg]
So u need to remaps them.
About the meshes: They are fixable in some ways. One of them could be to esport them in another format and then reimport into max without the normals applyng the smooth group.

EDIT: If u want flip the normals of only some parts of the mesh directly into max, u can select the mesh by elements, then..right click and select Flip Normals Mode. So u can fix them manually.
Thanked by: TGE