Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
What movie did you just watch?
Half the critics loved it and half hated it. The problem is a lot of people don't realize this story was written in 1912... A hundred years ago!

It's a historic story. One of the most important works of scifi ever.
Thanked by:
(03-18-2012, 06:20 AM)Belial Wrote: Dragonball Evolution.

Dear lord never again.

That was on TV last night, and I did everything I could to avert looking at it. I've never actually watched it, but from what I've seen and know about it, it is an insult to the Dragonball name.
Goku caring about being different? Please. One of his best traits that made the original series good was that he barely cared about anything except training, beating up bad guys, and food.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
The Hunger Games!
I just came back from the theaters...
I cried so hard and aww when she kissed Peeta and the bloody murder and the tracker jackers... and rue no rueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. DX
It was better than any movie I have ever watched.
I am raising some creatures. Help them grow before they die.
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Were we arguing? I'm sorry. -Fluttershy
Thanked by:
watched Dragon Ball Evolution yesterday

that move is fucking hilarious, great piece of cinema
Thanked by:
Ink.

I can't recommend it enough.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
ffxi Advent Children
Thanked by:
Cut throat Island. I fell asleep half way through it... again..
And history books forgot about us and the bible didn't mention us
The bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first , I loved you first
Thanked by:
Ghostbusters. Funny and entertaining.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
The Muppets

boy that was terrible...
Thanked by:
The Muppets

I love the Muppets
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Machete
Dead Alive
From Dusk til Dawn (or something like that, awesome vampire flick)
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Kung Fu Panda in Arabic. I didn't understand 99.68% of it, but I know it off by heart anyway.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Godzilla VS King Ghidorah!

Mothra larva barely made it through that fight. Still good team work guys.

Thanked by:
Nobody watches movies anymore?

Sorry for the bump but I just watch The Monster Squad. Let me tell you, it was a disappointment.

A movie featuring Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and the Mummy... you'd expect it to be an awesome monsterfest right? Wrong, those monsters are barely doing anything in that movie besides stumble around and get easily shot down by a fat kid!

Monsters need to kill people and be all... monster-like! On top of that we barely get to know our heroes, a group of Goonie wannabes who specialize in their monster knowledge. I don't remember any of those kids names.

I think I know what the problem is with this. Too much story. It focused too much on the MacGuffen and explaining what they needed to do and whatever, and we never got to see the characters or monsters shine!

Let's take a look at The Avengers that just came out. The story took a back seat in that movie and let the superheroes interact with each other and kick ass. That's how this movie should've been handled. It should have been a character movie.
Thanked by:
Saw The Avengers tonight. It was pretty great.
Thanked by: